PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m ready to install the Sportline Springs that are specific to the Si coupe. I’m going to do the work myself, my question is, was there any problems anyone ran into installing them? Is it just plug in play type of thing? I know you need rear camber arms and an alignment. I’m going to run it without the rear camber arms for a little bit but I’m getting an alignment right away. Also, how bad/fast are my tires going to wear without the rear camber arms if I run it for like a month? I don’t drive often, since I’m working from home right now. Thanks!
Sponsored

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m ready to install the Sportline Springs that are specific to the Si coupe. I’m going to do the work myself, my question is, was there any problems anyone ran into installing them? Is it just plug in play type of thing? I know you need rear camber arms and an alignment. I’m going to run it without the rear camber arms for a little bit but I’m getting an alignment right away. Also, how bad/fast are my tires going to wear without the rear camber arms if I run it for like a month? I don’t drive often, since I’m working from home right now. Thanks!
Toe angles have a more pronounced effect on tire wear than camber. Remember to trim your bump stops per Eibach's instructions after installing the new springs. Also, give it a couple days for the suspension to settle before getting your alignment.

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Post pictures when you install them.
I got mine over a week ago and dying to get them installed lol

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Toe angles have a more pronounced effect on tire wear than camber. Remember to trim your bump stops per Eibach's instructions after installing the new springs. Also, give it a couple days for the suspension to settle before getting your alignment.
I looked everywhere for the instructions but couldn’t find any for these sportlines for the Si. The instructions didnt come in the box and Eibach doesn’t have any on their website with the product number I entered. I thought maybe because they’re new. So I didn’t bother trimming the bump stops. I rode just fine afterwards. Drove about a total of 18 miles with them on, hitting pot holes (not intentionally) and going over speed bumps just fine. Didn’t hear or feel anything unusual. Do we know for certain it is required? What does it help with?

EDIT: They also didn’t come with bump stomps in the package like other sport lines do, from what I’ve seen in videos. So I’m wondering if these even need it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Here’s an after photo
Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Sportline Springs Installation Questions 71352361-BFDF-4B84-90E2-92E012DF53A8

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Sportline Springs Installation Questions 78E33BF8-9B41-4D52-8899-C384FB8EFF0B

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Sportline Springs Installation Questions 9E269705-3AF5-4B64-A477-E8C917C62755
And before
Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Sportline Springs Installation Questions 2818BD0B-24C7-464A-B651-B59CB9EB58C0

(Got this photo online, didn’t take a before photo of it stock)

When I got home from driving around, I did notice they dropped a little bit more than the photos above. Those were taken immediately after I finished.

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Here’s an after photo
71352361-BFDF-4B84-90E2-92E012DF53A8.jpeg

78E33BF8-9B41-4D52-8899-C384FB8EFF0B.jpeg

9E269705-3AF5-4B64-A477-E8C917C62755.jpeg
And before
2818BD0B-24C7-464A-B651-B59CB9EB58C0.jpeg

(Got this photo online, didn’t take a before photo of it stock)

When I got home from driving around, I did notice they dropped a little bit more than the photos above. Those were taken immediately after I finished.
Looks good dude ?

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Looks good dude ?
Thanks man. You’ll like them too when you get them on. I wish I would measured exactly how much it dropped but if definitely got rid of the wheel gap. I’ll post a more accurate photo tomorrow because it drop more after I drove for a while.

viciousknish

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic Ex Coupe, 2007 Civic Si Sedan, 2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I looked everywhere for the instructions but couldn’t find any for these sportlines for the Si. The instructions didnt come in the box and Eibach doesn’t have any on their website with the product number I entered. I thought maybe because they’re new. So I didn’t bother trimming the bump stops. I rode just fine afterwards. Drove about a total of 18 miles with them on, hitting pot holes (not intentionally) and going over speed bumps just fine. Didn’t hear or feel anything unusual. Do we know for certain it is required? What does it help with?

EDIT: They also didn’t come with bump stomps in the package like other sport lines do, from what I’ve seen in videos. So I’m wondering if these even need it.
I got my Sportlines about a week ago as well. I ran into the same issue with not being able to find the official instructions. I called their support number and had the support tech email me an official copy. It seems they have not posted it yet due to holdups from covid19. Attached are the instructions support sent me.

Attachments

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got my Sportlines about a week ago as well. I ran into the same issue with not being able to find the official instructions. I called their support number and had the support tech email me an official copy. It seems they have not posted it yet due to holdups from covid19. Attached are the instructions support sent me.
Thanks for sharing this. I was going to reach out to them tomorrow. I should have just listened to my gut and trimmed the bump stops. Oh well, looks like I’ll have to remove them and trim them. They seem fine now but I’ll do it “right” next time for the piece of mind.

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Here are some photos of it with the Abs Dynamics front lip if anyone is wondering clearance wise. I haven’t run into any problems clearing any bumps or driveways yet. I am more careful now though. Only thing I do see being a problem In the future are my front mud guards... they don’t have a lot of clearance from the ground. Stock wheels, stock tires, no spacers, no camber kit... yet.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Sportline Springs Installation Questions 308355C2-26B7-4D97-8CEF-F4264ACA3B44
Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Sportline Springs Installation Questions 6E841A9A-59E6-4769-A649-D9BA74C2B6A3

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Interested to see how you like the ride compared to the OEM Si Springs over the next few weeks once they settle in:hmm: Looks similar in ride height to the D2 Srings.. maybe a little higher in the front and rear.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are some photos of it with the Abs Dynamics front lip if anyone is wondering clearance wise. I haven’t run into any problems clearing any bumps or driveways yet. I am more careful now though. Only thing I do see being a problem In the future are my front mud guards... they don’t have a lot of clearance from the ground. Stock wheels, stock tires, no spacers, no camber kit... yet.

308355C2-26B7-4D97-8CEF-F4264ACA3B44.jpeg
6E841A9A-59E6-4769-A649-D9BA74C2B6A3.jpeg
Any issues with the ADS?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry what do you mean by the ADS?
The Adaptive Damper System. The Toggle switch from Normal to Sport. Any issues that system on the Sportlines?

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The Adaptive Damper System. The Toggle switch from Normal to Sport. Any issues that system on the Sportlines?
Ohhh gotcha. Nope no issues at all. Installed them myself too. It’s a just 4 connectors you have to unplug.
Sponsored