Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs - Do I need an alignment after?

Zyr

First Name
Zyr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2017
Country flag
Hi guys,

I'm planning to purchase the "Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs" very soon and was wondering if an alignment is required after installation?

Also, I'm questioning if it is worth purchasing the "Eibach Sportsline-Plus Kit" which includes the front and rear sway bars, end links and bushings

Would this bundle be worth purchasing if my car is only intended for street? I'm currently not thinking about track

Thanks
Sponsored

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Once is lowered, it is suggested to undergo an alignment of where it stands to get back to oem spec. Since this is Sportline spring, the drop is much further and you will need the camber kit. But you can get away if you are getting the pro kit. The pro kit drops about an inch and still sit within the oem spec. after the alignment. If you do not want to go with the camber kit, pro kit will be the perfect fit.

For street use, a rear sway bar to tighten up will give you enough fun.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
I got the Sportlines installed after over 22000 miles on stock suspension. Highly recommend you get an alignment once the springs settle. I had 2.1 and 3.0 degrees of camber at the rear wheels after the install. The steering was off-center and the rear wandered and felt disconnected. I'm using the SPC aluminum rear camber kit. The car still leans towards the outside rear wheel in corners at speed, so if you want completely flat handling, get the Plus kit.

OP
OP

Zyr

First Name
Zyr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2017
Country flag
Once is lowered, it is suggested to undergo an alignment of where it stands to get back to oem spec. Since this is Sportline spring, the drop is much further and you will need the camber kit. But you can get away if you are getting the pro kit. The pro kit drops about an inch and still sit within the oem spec. after the alignment. If you do not want to go with the camber kit, pro kit will be the perfect fit.

For street use, a rear sway bar to tighten up will give you enough fun.
I got the Sportlines installed after over 22000 miles on stock suspension. Highly recommend you get an alignment once the springs settle. I had 2.1 and 3.0 degrees of camber at the rear wheels after the install. The steering was off-center and the rear wandered and felt disconnected. I'm using the SPC aluminum rear camber kit. The car still leans towards the outside rear wheel in corners at speed, so if you want completely flat handling, get the Plus kit.
Cheers guys for the input, I'm gonna go for the plus kit to save money in the long-term.

This means I would need to purchase a camber kit but it also raises a question; would I need a front, rear or both camber kits?

This is my first time lowering a car so I'm ill-advised on these things

Thanks

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
with pro kit you dont need camber kit...
if you will lower car more than 1" than u can consider buying rear camber kit,
front suspension is mcpherson type and that kind of suspension geometry dont gain much
camber when lowering...

Reactions: Zyr

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
Cheers guys for the input, I'm gonna go for the plus kit to save money in the long-term.

This means I would need to purchase a camber kit but it also raises a question; would I need a front, rear or both camber kits?

This is my first time lowering a car so I'm ill-advised on these things

Thanks
If you're getting the Sportline kit, you a need camber kit for the rear only.

Reactions: Zyr
OP
OP

Zyr

First Name
Zyr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2017
Country flag
with pro kit you dont need camber kit...
if you will lower car more than 1" than u can consider buying rear camber kit,
front suspension is mcpherson type and that kind of suspension geometry dont gain much
camber when lowering...
If you're getting the Sportline kit, you a need camber kit for the rear only.
Thanks guys for the help and explanation!

OP
OP

Zyr

First Name
Zyr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2017
Country flag
Unable to see the offset. Depend on the offset, if is too aggressive, you might need front camber kit as well.
I guess I will get the rear camber kit and go for the alignment and ask them if a front camber kit is required

OP
OP

Zyr

First Name
Zyr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2017
Country flag

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys,

I'm planning to purchase the "Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs" very soon and was wondering if an alignment is required after installation?

Also, I'm questioning if it is worth purchasing the "Eibach Sportsline-Plus Kit" which includes the front and rear sway bars, end links and bushings

Would this bundle be worth purchasing if my car is only intended for street? I'm currently not thinking about track

Thanks
I bought the whiteline grip kit (FR+RR sway bars + end links) and in my opinion it was not worth it. I haven't put the front sway bar on because 1) it's a little daunting and I'm not forking over $400 to have it pro installed, and 2) even with the rear sway bar it still understeers because this car does not need a better front sway bar unless everything else is beefed up, so at most I think I would do the upgraded front end links. I would just buy the rear sway bar for around $100-150 and go to hondapartsonline.com and buy 2 aluminum end links for $15 each, and get a front strut bar for around $100, so for under $300 I think you get a much better deal than the kit as a whole. Also torqueing the rsb end link nuts was a royal PITA, so just give it all you got.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
I bought the whiteline grip kit (FR+RR sway bars + end links) and in my opinion it was not worth it. I haven't put the front sway bar on because 1) it's a little daunting and I'm not forking over $400 to have it pro installed, and 2) even with the rear sway bar it still understeers because this car does not need a better front sway bar unless everything else is beefed up, so at most I think I would do the upgraded front end links. I would just buy the rear sway bar for around $100-150 and go to hondapartsonline.com and buy 2 aluminum end links for $15 each, and get a front strut bar for around $100, so for under $300 I think you get a much better deal than the kit as a whole. Also torqueing the rsb end link nuts was a royal PITA, so just give it all you got.
just my setup
Sponsored