Eibach Sportline Lowerinf Spring Anyone?

Kevin920415

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Hello, I’m currently running Wedsport tc105x 18x9.5 +45with 265/35/18. Does anyone here currently run eibach Sportline? I wanted to get some feed back and pictures of how it looks on fk8. It seems like everyone who has eibachs are running pro kit. Any running issues?? Thanks for your help
Sponsored

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CW Civic Type R / '06 MM RSX Type S
Country flag
Hello, I’m currently running Wedsport tc105x 18x9.5 +45with 265/35/18. Does anyone here currently run eibach Sportline? I wanted to get some feed back and pictures of how it looks on fk8. It seems like everyone who has eibachs are running pro kit. Any running issues?? Thanks for your help
They are much better than the Pro Kits in both ride quality and drop.

The drop is pretty much perfect in my opinion, almost no wheel gap. The ride quality is excellent, slightly stiffer than stock. The car also soaks up bumps much better than stock as far as daily driving goes. I haven't had any issues or noises since the rear springs come with the spring silencers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Sportline Lowerinf Spring Anyone? IMG_E4860.JPG

ctr1750

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r
Country flag
I’m on eibach sportline 18x9.5 265 35 18

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Sportline Lowerinf Spring Anyone? AEF46349-10AE-454D-BC48-2DF150ECC885

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
They are much better than the Pro Kits in both ride quality and drop.

The drop is pretty much perfect in my opinion, almost no wheel gap. The ride quality is excellent, slightly stiffer than stock. The car also soaks up bumps much better than stock as far as daily driving goes. I haven't had any issues or noises since the rear springs come with the spring silencers.

IMG_E4860.JPG
Just curious: what makes them better?

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just curious: what makes them better?
The spring rate on the rear springs are stiffer than the front springs on the sportlines (and they are stiffer in general). The pro kit has higher spring rate in the front than the rear. I don't like the floaty front end feel of the pro kit, and they are pretty bouncy when dealing with bigger bumps. The sportlines do a great job quickly soaking up bumps in the road.

BuLL

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW FK8
Country flag
The spring rate on the rear springs are stiffer than the front springs on the sportlines (and they are stiffer in general). The pro kit has higher spring rate in the front than the rear. I don't like the floaty front end feel of the pro kit, and they are pretty bouncy when dealing with bigger bumps. The sportlines do a great job quickly soaking up bumps in the road.
Did you get the Camber kit for the rears? I'll be running Rays wheels @ +38 and I don't think I'll rub... but need to get an alignment and I've seen a few say you need the camber kit to get proper alignment? Rather not blow $360 +$320 for the springs.... yikes

OP
OP
Kevin920415

Kevin920415

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Did you get the Camber kit for the rears? I'll be running Rays wheels @ +38 and I don't think I'll rub... but need to get an alignment and I've seen a few say you need the camber kit to get proper alignment? Rather not blow $360 +$320 for the springs.... yikes
My springs are for sale brand new :3

BuLL

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW FK8
Country flag
My springs are for sale brand new :3
What happened? lol

I'm likely going in a different direction to be honest. I'd prefer slightly less drop and definitely don't want to throw more $ to get camber arms to align it... at that rate, I might as well just get Spoon.

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, you should always get a camber kit and alignment whenever you modify the suspension on your car. And it depends on what wheel size/width and tire size/brand you are going to run on those wheels.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'm torn between the Sportlines and Whiteline. The Sportlines have such higher rates than stock so I'm not sure how well they pair with the dampers long-term. I also feel like it's not great that the Whitelines have softer than stock rates for the front, even though the drop is most conservative. Also at least one member here says the QC of the Whitelines was not up to par for them.

Question though: it seems like any upgraded spring should also be used with a silencer -- are there universal options for these? Only a few of the aftermarket springs seem to come with these.

edit: Yes, you will want adjustable rear camber arms with the Sportlines to reel in some of the increase in negative camber.

Last edited:

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm torn between the Sportlines and Whiteline. The Sportlines have such higher rates than stock so I'm not sure how well they pair with the dampers long-term. I also feel like it's not great that the Whitelines have softer than stock rates for the front, even though the drop is most conservative. Also at least one member here says the QC of the Whitelines was not up to par for them.

Question though: it seems like any upgraded spring should also be used with a silencer -- are there universal options for these? Only a few of the aftermarket springs seem to come with these.

edit: Yes, you will want adjustable rear camber arms with the Sportlines to reel in some of the increase in negative camber.

On other cars I've owned, coilovers have had about a 50k mile average lifespan for me. I would expect something like that for stock dampers with springs on this car. Also, the sportlines come with silencers. Spoon sells silencers individually as well.
Sponsored