Mckeeversheater

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I’ve seen that a ton of people have the eibach products and I want the eibach pro plus springs and a sway bars kit and I will get camber and struts too. I’ve seen a lot on the si’s fitment but is that the same as the fitment I would need on the 16 ext and if there’s a thread that answered this post it pls . I don’t know much about suspension but I want 18x9 wheels i think what size tire should I get and I don’t want to rub or roll fenders so do I need a certain wheel off set and I’d like to not use spacers
Sponsored

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Eibach pro-kit can run without chamber and you can wrap with 235/40R18. On the offset, since you want to be on the very safe side, any offset +37 & above will be very safe to avoid any tab mod & pothole after lowered. The +37 is taking the consideration of 9” wide you mentioned but if you change your mind looking at 8.5” or 8”, you will want to look at +40 because 8.5” or 8” is toward square setup compared with 9” poke setup.

OP
OP

Mckeeversheater

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
Eibach pro-kit can run without chamber and you can wrap with 235/40R18. On the offset, since you want to be on the very safe side, any offset +37 & above will be very safe to avoid any tab mod & pothole after lowered. The +37 is taking the consideration of 9” wide you mentioned but if you change your mind looking at 8.5” or 8”, you will want to look at +40 because 8.5” or 8” is toward square setup compared with 9” poke setup.
Just so I’m understanding you, to get flush tire/wheel fitment if I do the pro kit I don’t need camber and I could use 18x8.5 or 8 with an offset of like +35/+40 wrapped in a 235/40R18 and everything should be safe and look right

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Just so I’m understanding you, to get flush tire/wheel fitment if I do the pro kit I don’t need camber and I could use 18x8.5 or 8 with an offset of like +35/+40 wrapped in a 235/40R18 and everything should be safe and look right
That’s right. As your is 2016 model, although +35 can give you a flush look on 18x8.5 or 8 but it will rub on the tab due to the square set up. To avoid the tab mod or avoid any rubbing, +40 will be a peace of mind.

OP
OP

Mckeeversheater

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
That’s right. As your is 2016 model, although +35 can give you a flush look on 18x8.5 or 8 but it will rub on the tab due to the square set up. To avoid the tab mod or avoid any rubbing, +40 will be a peace of mind.
You think 45 would look weird cus I’m find some wheels I like at 45

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I run pro kit with
My wheels have an offset of +44mm. Would even look better if I used 37 or 38mm offset. Springs are Eibach Prokit.
What width wheel? I run 17x9 255/40 +40 on prokit with a little poke. No rub or tab mod. What's prokit-PLUS?

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
You think 45 would look weird cus I’m find some wheels I like at 45
+45 is almost close to oem. I would not as it doesn’t really an ‘upgrade’ to me. Try to explore further. For 8” or 8.5”, +38 is the lowest. Below +37 will start to rub on the tab (on pro-kit) once the lowered spring bottom up. +40 is peace of mind because tyre construction differ from brand/model.

Shopping for wheel takes time and patience. For me, if all possible, try to meet these 3; ‘design’, ‘weight’ and ‘fitment’. Even if you pay more for the weight, it is worth it, you can feel the acceleration is immediately lighter and save gas as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mckeeversheater

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
+45 is almost close to oem. I would not as it doesn’t really an ‘upgrade’ to me. Try to explore further. For 8” or 8.5”, +38 is the lowest. Below +37 will start to rub on the tab (on pro-kit) once the lowered spring bottom up. +40 is peace of mind because tyre construction differ from brand/model.

Shopping for wheel takes time and patience. For me, if all possible, try to meet these 3; ‘design’, ‘weight’ and ‘fitment’. Even if you pay more for the weight, it is worth it, you can feel the acceleration is immediately lighter and save gas as well.
And a good weight would be

Oskie_01

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
A little late to the party, but would 18x8.5 et 38 give enough clearance for a BBK? Still on Eibach pros.
Sponsored