Eibach Pro-Kit vs. Si Springs for Sport Hatch

stadt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 1991 Miata
Country flag
Goal: Improve the handling and, if possible, the appearance of my Sport hatch with lowering springs.

As we know, the stock Sport spring rates are 126 lbs/in front and 158 lbs/in rear.

The Eibach Pro-Kit, which to my mind provides the best appearance in terms of lowering, has spring rates of 157 lbs/in front and a progressive rate of 120-183 lbs/in rear.

The stock Si spring rates are 144 lbs/in front and 208 lbs/in rear. The drop is 10mm, which probably won't be very noticeable.

Wild card - the Eibach Pro-Kit for the Si (https://eibach.com/us/i-8886-pro-kit-performance-springs-set-of-4-springs.html). But I have no idea what the rates are for that. (Does anyone know?)

I have no interest in coil-overs and all the other springs drop the car too much. Eventually I'll add some Koni yellows when/if available. The only suspension mod I currently have is a Type R RSB.

Thoughts? Opinions? I'm having trouble deciding which way to go. Thanks!
Sponsored

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Remember that Si specific springs and OEM springs were designed in conjunction with the Active Dampers. You might be better off finding a good shock and spring combo. Bilstein will aways adjust their shocks to whatever spring you have purchased for $50 a corner. Other than that you are setting yourself up for a lot of money wasted IMO.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You really can't wrong with either one. But will work nicely and we have not had issues with either. You will get more drop out of the Eibach however.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
You really can't wrong with either one. But will work nicely and we have not had issues with either. You will get more drop out of the Eibach however.
Hey Vincent...are you running stock track width with the SI springs?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But have played with it as well with no issues.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Goal: Improve the handling and, if possible, the appearance of my Sport hatch with lowering springs.

As we know, the stock Sport spring rates are 126 lbs/in front and 158 lbs/in rear.

The Eibach Pro-Kit, which to my mind provides the best appearance in terms of lowering, has spring rates of 157 lbs/in front and a progressive rate of 120-183 lbs/in rear.

The stock Si spring rates are 144 lbs/in front and 208 lbs/in rear. The drop is 10mm, which probably won't be very noticeable.

Wild card - the Eibach Pro-Kit for the Si (https://eibach.com/us/i-8886-pro-kit-performance-springs-set-of-4-springs.html). But I have no idea what the rates are for that. (Does anyone know?)

I have no interest in coil-overs and all the other springs drop the car too much. Eventually I'll add some Koni yellows when/if available. The only suspension mod I currently have is a Type R RSB.

Thoughts? Opinions? I'm having trouble deciding which way to go. Thanks!

why don't you want coilovers? If you actually want performance, you need to have shocks that match spring rates, not too-stiff springs on stock shocks. just get something like a bilstein b14 which apparently is available now according to the bilstein website?

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Bilstein typically has more firm spring rates - but they are a great high quality choice.

Coilovers are definitely a better option, but there is an initial price penalty to buying them, although long term it will save on install costs (1st install for springs, a few years later 2nd install for struts). Also depending on choice of coilover you would have a lot of customization (height, rebound, damping).

Everyone has a preference and I have suffered from months of tweaking with coilovers to get a setting that I was happy with, although the simplicity of springs is something that is cheap and affects handling and looks in a quick way.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
I'm debating pretty much the same thing. The way I see it, Si springs have an advantage in price and not needing a camber kit.
My worry is the rear springs look a lot stiffer than other options. Does the rear feel real rough in the Si?

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
Here’s a picture of my Sport hatch before and after Eibach sportline springs. I am also running the Type R RSB. It rides like stock on the street, as far as twisting roads, it feels the same as when I first installed my RSB. Maybe I haven’t pushed it hard enough and don’t plan to until I upgrade to summer tires.
Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit vs. Si Springs for Sport Hatch 13EBFA80-A430-407C-986E-7FB3404A405E

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here’s a picture of my Sport hatch before and after Eibach sportline springs. I am also running the Type R RSB. It rides like stock on the street, as far as twisting roads, it feels the same as when I first installed my RSB. Maybe I haven’t pushed it hard enough and don’t plan to until I upgrade to summer tires.
13EBFA80-A430-407C-986E-7FB3404A405E.jpeg
Thanks for the pics. Looks great.
Surprised you haven't noticed any change in handling.
I was hoping the front will stay more solid in tight cornering on uneven pavement. But maybe your roads are good and you don't experience that.
As it is my LX is bothered by this and is quite far in tight cornering compared to the Mazda3 I had for lease.

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
Thanks for the pics. Looks great.
Surprised you haven't noticed any change in handling.
I was hoping the front will stay more solid in tight cornering on uneven pavement. But maybe your roads are good and you don't experience that.
As it is my LX is bothered by this and is quite far in tight cornering compared to the Mazda3 I had for lease.
If you upgrade your wheels to larger diameter you will notice a difference. Lx =16s Sport =18s.
I’m sure the springs improved the handling it just isn’t enough for me to notice, plus as stated Im not pushing these all season tires to the limits either.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Could you comment on differences in handling between the two.
Is there a big improvement with the ProKit over Si springs?

tomm9050

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch
Country flag
What’s the best spring shock combo, value, not radical lowering?
Sponsored