Eibach Pro-Kit Springs for the Civic Type R are out!

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Only if the dealer is honorable, if not, everything suspension related, they (dealer) will rope in with the spring...
Also, I think most dealer are banking on the fact that very little people will take the legal route, as the legal fees most likely will cost more than the repair.

EDIT: another one of those "pay to play" situation, no?
It can go both ways. Some dealerships take a very reasonable approach to these warranty issues.

Overall though, I highly doubt this particular part will cause any issues at all, especially from a company like Eibach. If I drove a Type R as my personal vehicle I would have absolutely no worries putting these springs on.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Different dealerships will give you different answers also. you can always try another dealership if one decided to deny you. Or can always just put it back to stock if you have the mechanical experience. It's not too hard.

I'm waiting for a front camber kit to come out so i can get the wheels, f/r camber kit, plus springs at the same time.

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
the dealership i go to in my state delaware (price honda of dover) , recommends the use of eibach and as long as they the dealer installs the springs., they will honor the warranty if any damage occurs ( they also install superchargers and have a contract with ct engineering for the civics and the s2000. the only thing they will not do is dyno the car but sends your car out to jtune performance for a conservative tune in delaware which they have a contract with...... sorry i jumped off subject but wanted to give you an idea that each dealership can do what they want ., ) and not deny it. each dealership has there own rules and how they proceed with things.. so check with your local dealership for rules.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
the dealership i go to in my state delaware (price honda of dover) , recommends the use of eibach and as long as they the dealer installs the springs., they will honor the warranty if any damage occurs ( they also install superchargers and have a contract with ct engineering for the civics and the s2000. the only thing they will not do is dyno the car but sends your car out to jtune performance for a conservative tune in delaware which they have a contract with...... sorry i jumped off subject but wanted to give you an idea that each dealership can do what they want ., ) and not deny it. each dealership has there own rules and how they proceed with things.. so check with your local dealership for rules.
This is a good dealer...very fair! I'll start asking to see if I have a dealer near me that will honor the same.

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
If that’s true I’m willing to install lol

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Any details on the spring rates for these, front and back?
They don't mention them in the spec info I've seen. Often times manufacturers will not reveal this info because it allows competitors to more easily copy their spring's ride characteristics.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Any details on the spring rates for these, front and back?
They don't mention them in the spec info I've seen. Often times manufacturers will not reveal this info because it allows competitors to more easily copy their spring's ride characteristics.
they released that info and it was in the master spring thread.
Spring Rate Front: 5.2 kgf/mm (291 lbs/in)
Spring Rate Rear: 4.9 kg/mm (274 lb/in)
Sponsored