ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Reviving this thread — I’ve got MAP street catback exhaust — are sport lines too low? Will I rub? I drive aggressively. I have a lot of mods. I have D2s in my garage but have decided they are too low.
Any thoughts on this?

I can’t find anything. Can’t believe nobody has a map street exhaust with springs
I would do pro kit if you think you’ll rub. Anything looks better than stock.
Sponsored

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
I would do pro kit if you think you’ll rub. Anything looks better than stock.
I really think I want to do SWIFT springs — they’re only a 1.1” drop and they look great — talked to a guy with the same setup and he said he only rubs on big speed bumps but daily he doesn’t rub

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I really think I want to do SWIFT springs — they’re only a 1.1” drop and they look great — talked to a guy with the same setup and he said he only rubs on big speed bumps but daily he doesn’t rub
I would say those are better than eibach tbh. My friend has eibach and if he takes off quickly his car still lurches back a bit

FK7-Massimo

First Name
Maxime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus 2017
Country flag
Coilovers are not by definition worse for comfort at all. Our stock front suspension strut is also a coilover. It’s all about the quality of the shocks, and the correct setup, a.k.a. not harsh and stiff as hell.
Ohlins shocks or Penske or KW suspension doesn’t ride bad at all, but they aren’t cheap…

I just went with H&R springs to get nice comfort(adaptive stock shocks) with a slightly lower ride height compared to pro kit.
Comfort is better than stock for small imperfections in the road. Slightly stiffer on longer compressions.

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
If low is your goal don’t waste your time with Pro Kit. I kick myself everyday for getting them. They ride good and you won’t scrape but there’s still wheel gap. I waited for them to “settle” and they never did. I just got Sportlines but will have to pay for installation and alignment all over again.

The only instance I would suggest Pro Kit is if you’re upsizing to 19” or running 255/40/18 with a 9.5 wide wheel.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got swifts lined up for spring install. No pun intended. Those with swifts for si: did you cut
Bump stops?
Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit or Sportline? 3F62D334-2F57-48C5-B619-1B0197283301

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless the coilovers you buy have top plates to adjust camber, they won't be any different. Also, coilovers all ride like garbage. If your car is never going to see the track and is mostly going to see going to work, I personally wouldn't get coils.
maybe your coilovers ride like garbage but mine are awesome and ride perfectly. maybe it's a user error on your part?
Sponsored