Eibach Pro-Kit or Sportline?

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, I've read a lot of forum posts and I'm still skeptical on what lowering springs to get. Do the Eibach Pro-kit or Sportline require a camber kit? I just want it to be safe and practical because it is my daily car. Thanks guys
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Every lowering spring will cause you to have negative camber, no matter the brand. It's just what happens to the geometry of your suspension when you lower it.

For a daily driver tho, I've never seen another spring ride better than Eibach Sport-line. I've never been in a Civic X with lowering springs, but I've been in several different cars with Sportlines. It's hard to tell the difference between them and stock.

The Pro-Kit are good too, but are a bit stiffer than sportlines. I have a Pro-kit on my WRX and I really enjoy it. I don't race my WRX, but it's nice to be able to slam some corners occasionally.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Every lowering spring will cause you to have negative camber, no matter the brand. It's just what happens to the geometry of your suspension when you lower it.

For a daily driver tho, I've never seen another spring ride better than Eibach Sport-line. I've never been in a Civic X with lowering springs, but I've been in several different cars with Sportlines. It's hard to tell the difference between them and stock.

The Pro-Kit are good too, but are a bit stiffer than sportlines. I have a Pro-kit on my WRX and I really enjoy it. I don't race my WRX, but it's nice to be able to slam some corners occasionally.
Maybe I a misunderstanding but I was under the impression sportlines are the more aggressive spring rate and drop and prokit is less aggressive.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eibach recommends a rear camber kit for both of them. I would agree. Some do without, but if you want an alignment within factory specs you will need one.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe I a misunderstanding but I was under the impression sportlines are the more aggressive spring rate and drop and prokit is less aggressive.
You're right. I'm not sure what wire got crossed in my brain that I repeated the wrong information so much in that post lol...

Sport-line is more aggressive than Pro-Kit.

OP
OP
HatchHTX

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for y'alls information, would it be best just to invest in coilovers then? I mean by the time I would buy either kit with the camber kit, I would be pushing the $800-1000 range.

Rookie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
This is why I'm thinking of running BC coilovers as well. In the long run struts will also need to be replaced + cost of initial camber kit + possible installation costs which will bring it close to coilovers.
Coilovers also can be adjusted which may be useful.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless the coilovers you buy have top plates to adjust camber, they won't be any different. Also, coilovers all ride like garbage. If your car is never going to see the track and is mostly going to see going to work, I personally wouldn't get coils.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
Thanks for y'alls information, would it be best just to invest in coilovers then? I mean by the time I would buy either kit with the camber kit, I would be pushing the $800-1000 range.
Pro kit was 249 and Spc rear camber kit (who eibach uses) was 150. The front can be brought into spec no problem.

R3D5IVE

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback MT6, 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road MT5
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless the coilovers you buy have top plates to adjust camber, they won't be any different. Also, coilovers all ride like garbage. If your car is never going to see the track and is mostly going to see going to work, I personally wouldn't get coils.
Not all true. I had KW V2’s in my GD3 and it was one of the best riding vehicles I’ve ever been in. Soaked up the small bumps and dips but stiff in the corners. Felt like gliding on air on city streets

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not all true. I had KW V2’s in my GD3 and it was one of the best riding vehicles I’ve ever been in. Soaked up the small bumps and dips but stiff in the corners. Felt like gliding on air on city streets
Indeed, I had H&R monotubes on my Audi S3 1.8T and they were the best shocks I ever had.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@Snoopyslr what happens if you don't use the camber kit with the sportlines? also, what do you think about the D2 springs?

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I was deciding either to go with Coilover or springs too, but it look's like i will be going with Sportlines from my research some members here swapped out their aftermarket coilvers and went with Eibach springs and never looked back and saying that coilovers ride "crappy" i am imagining just a really stiff and harsh ride.

As this is my daily driver i want a balance of stiff and comfort so i think the Eibach Sportlines would fit my needs, then change out the tires to a good grippy tire then these cars would handle like a champ.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Snoopyslr what happens if you don't use the camber kit with the sportlines? also, what do you think about the D2 springs?
You'll have some negative camber which will wear out your tires unevenly. The inside edge will wear quite a bit faster than the rest of the tire. There will be some handling changes as well, but nothing you're going to notice unless you're doing laps at the track.

I don't know anything about D2 springs. They make inexpensive coils mostly right?

I know lowering your car is cool and all, but why are people really buying springs for this car? The ride height is already pretty low and the tire/fender gap is pretty tight already. Unless I was going to start tracking this car, I doubt I'd ever put springs on it.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You'll have some negative camber which will wear out your tires unevenly. The inside edge will wear quite a bit faster than the rest of the tire. There will be some handling changes as well, but nothing you're going to notice unless you're doing laps at the track.

I don't know anything about D2 springs. They make inexpensive coils mostly right?

I know lowering your car is cool and all, but why are people really buying springs for this car? The ride height is already pretty low and the tire/fender gap is pretty tight already. Unless I was going to start tracking this car, I doubt I'd ever put springs on it.
i hear you on that one but i wanted to make it look just a tad bit sportier by lowering it just a little bit. they say the eibach pro kit is good. it's not too crazy low and it might not kill the stock struts/shocks too fast since it's not a dramatic drop
Sponsored