Eibach Pro-Kit Help

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
I installed Eibachs over the weekend but after driving for a few days to shake things down before an alignment I'm noticing a clunk from the rear suspension particularly when going up sudden inclines or acceleration (basically whenever the ass-end squats). Has anyone experienced this? If so what was your fix? I couldn't find anything Type R related but a quick Google search pulls up the same issue with Pro-Kits on VW's, Mustangs, Lexus, etc.

If worse comes to worse I can take everything apart and try again since it's just the rears and they're way easier than the fronts but just wondering if I'm the only one before I get to that point:doh:
Sponsored

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Mines perfectly fine since install so I cant help here. All I can say is go back and make sure everything is tighten

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
23Red

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
I'm willing to try anything. It's not a rattle though, it's more of a dull clunk. I'll check it out anyway though.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm willing to try anything. It's not a rattle though, it's more of a dull clunk. I'll check it out anyway though.
yeah, I had the same sound and though it was maybe the sway bar in the rear..ended up being the clunk of the hatch moving slightly. Crazy I know, but worth a try and an easy fix.

So if it's not the hatch, maybe check your sway bar connections and make sure you didn't forget to tighten anything? Although, I'm not sure everyone messed with the sway bar like I did in the rear for my install...I had unbolted it in the middle to move it slight out of my way

OP
OP
23Red

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Yeah, I took everything back apart and redid it. I even preloaded the rear sway before tightening. I'll try the hatch fix after work today.
Sponsored