Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Just installed my pro kit this past weekend along with the exhaust I made!

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport MVIMG_20200503_113856

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport MVIMG_20200503_110212

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
My rear spring(s) doesn’t look like the one in the post with the blue Sport, I have some spring insulators on mine aswell, weird?

6D2E8C71-9BFC-4C84-A500-C0DF611E1112.jpeg
Where are u located? I tried to check that number on your springs but what I found was all in German?

Here's my rear part number. I ordered mine straight from Eibach

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport IMG_20200502_194220

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2007 Odyssey, 2003 Accord EX-V6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is what the Eibach sport line looks like.. no rubs, rides great.
Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Pro-Kit Hatchback Sport 20200629_171502

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
So I finally got the Eibach Pro-kit installed. Pretty surprised at how the ride quality(harshness) was virtually unchanged. This car is my daily driver so I didn't want to change the ride quality. The handling however is noticeably better. The turn in is sharper and there is less lean under load. The car now looks like it should have from the factory IMO. The wheel well gap is reduced by about 1" all around. In my case the alignment showed that there is minimal toe adjustment that was needed and my camber is still within factory range(although it was very close in the driver rear by 0.1deg). Sometimes suspension geometry can really mess up the specs even with the slightest drop. I don't think the camber kit is really needed with the Pro-kit, unless you reall want to dial back the camber.

Us hatchback guys may not be able to get the Si package but we do have the stiffer HB chassis that the R is based on. It's a good base for a really good handling car. With the +6 Proflash and these springs, some future dampners and big brake kit, I think I am going to be happier in the long run with the HB with no sunroof(reduced weight, more headroom, quieter....), lower price point than the Si and the practicality of the hatch. Looks are subjective but I prefer the hatch back end as well. Not a fan of bolt on spoilers(seem like an afterthought) and the HB integrated spoiler looks spot on!

IMG_8874.JPG

IMG_8865.JPG

IMG_8895.JPG

IMG_8873.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg
Just to be clear, the Eibach Pro kit is just the lowering springs? Still using stock shock absorbers? And I need to make sure the tech removes the bump stops?

I plan on buying the kit and a new set of rims over the winter.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
This is what the Eibach sport line looks like.. no rubs, rides great.
20200629_171502.jpg
Did you require the camber kit as well? I notice on their site if I get the Pro kit, stock is fine but it suggest the camber kit for the Sport Line coils.

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to be clear, the Eibach Pro kit is just the lowering springs? Still using stock shock absorbers? And I need to make sure the tech removes the bump stops?

I plan on buying the kit and a new set of rims over the winter.
It is just the springs, and you use the OEM shock/struts. I did not cut down my bump stops. I don't think you want to remove them. If you want to cut one of the bulbs off, that is what I have seen.

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you require the camber kit as well? I notice on their site if I get the Pro kit, stock is fine but it suggest the camber kit for the Sport Line coils.
I did not go with the camber kit and have not had any issues.

Well, other then one of the nuts came off the end link of the rear sway bar I replaced and I ended up replacing the whole end link. But that was my fault...

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Has anyone had to replace their shocks yet after running the Pro Kit for a while? I'm heavily leaning spring vs. a full coilover setup but if I have to replace shocks anyway then coilovers become easier to swallow.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
It is just the springs, and you use the OEM shock/struts. I did not cut down my bump stops. I don't think you want to remove them. If you want to cut one of the bulbs off, that is what I have seen.
Odd, there is another thread on this subject where a member had the same kit installed but apparently in the instructions it requests the bump stop be removed. His were not when installed and said he had an annoying spring noise when cornering at slow speeds. But I am guessing by cutting those bump stops down you would actually be adding to the drop on each corner of the car and would require some precise cuts to make sure all were cut evenly.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...lled-this-friday-show-me-your-pro-kits.36214/

Here is that thread. Its about halfway down the 1st page where he mentions the noise and then updates along the process.

bmbpenguin

Brian
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But I am guessing by cutting those bump stops down you would actually be adding to the drop on each corner of the car
My understanding of the bump stops are for severe bumps not for normal ride.
Sponsored