cbarcelou

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
So I ordered some Eibach pro kit lowering springs for my 18’ SI, I’ve been told I should get a camber kit for them but I also read it doesn’t really matter. Do any of you have them installed without a camber kit?
Sponsored

Modfyd

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
My tired popped yesterday becauss of camber wear. Although i never rotated my tires. The front was fine and overal tread was about 1/16" - 1/8" left at about 44,000 miles on the odometer. I put approximately 20k miles on the springs.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven’t lowered a car in years now but had several in the past that I did myself. Pretty much anything over an inch lower and you will need the kits. They used to be fairly inexpensive and easy to install. It’s that or the inner part of the tire wears exponentially faster than the rest of the tire. Plus, you loose some grip. Also, anything over an inch and the oe struts will likely blow within 6 months. To do it right you will need the camber kits and most likely new struts. If you don’t want to do all that, I’d go with an inch or less.

Like I said though, no experience with this car but what I stated pretty much applies in a general sense.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
after i put on my eibach pros i went to get an alignment right afterwards and they said the rear camber was still in spec. been riding on them for about 8k miles and no weird or uneven wear.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
As long as your Toe alignment is conservative, you should be okay. The camber kit would allow you to run a bit more Toe-out for better stability at fwy speeds.
Sponsored