First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone else live somewhere Midwest where it snows a decent amount?
I'm from Ohio and I'm debating whether or not I should lower my car because of the snow.

Do you guys think it will even be that big of a deal? Am I just worrying for no reason?

Thanks
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Does anyone else live somewhere Midwest where it snows a decent amount?
I'm from Ohio and I'm debating whether or not I should lower my car because of the snow.

Do you guys think it will even be that big of a deal? Am I just worrying for no reason?

Thanks
There's only going to be a small area in terms of amount of snow where your height difference will make a noticeable difference. And even then as long as you're not an idiot it won't be too bad.

I drove a slammed car through 3 winters (albeit in Vancouver) but I drove through 4 inches of snow with 3 inches of ground clearance, and as long as you have good tires you'll be fine.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Yep go for it. Lower it. If possible, just SLATHER some tire shine on the inside of the wheel wells so that as the snow ejects from your snow tires, it just slides off the wheel well and doesn't clump up. That'll help the snow tires work better and not pack up/gunk up your fenders. Otherwise, it's just a matter of avoiding stuff you can't see under the snow and/or the huge ice/snow clumps that litter the road.

OP
OP
Dxz3

Dxz3

Drew
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep go for it. Lower it. If possible, just SLATHER some tire shine on the inside of the wheel wells so that as the snow ejects from your snow tires, it just slides off the wheel well and doesn't clump up. That'll help the snow tires work better and not pack up/gunk up your fenders. Otherwise, it's just a matter of avoiding stuff you can't see under the snow and/or the huge ice/snow clumps that litter the road.
appreciate the advice!

OP
OP
Dxz3

Dxz3

Drew
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMO, yes you are worrying for no reason. I installed the Eibach ProKit on R-00057 and I love it. I do not think you will have any issues.
Yeah I kind of thought I was worrying for no reason as well.
thx
Sponsored