First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After numerous emails to Eibach in regards to their ID/OD specs of their CTR 25mm RSB and a decent amount of research... I was unable to find any info. That being said, the only conclusion i could come to, based on other hollow vs solid bars and their ID/OD is this. The 25mm tubular bar is most likely equivalent to any 22mm solid sway bar but with less weight. At best, you are saving 6lbs of weight which is (like @JO3L said) achieved by taking the junk out your trunk or skipping that fast food stop before the track lol. If you are looking for the stiffest possible RSB? Karcepts is your company. Only downside is... (based on testimonies in the autocross section) it is "noisy" for DD but by far the best RSB on the market in terms of weight, adjustability, stiffness and overall performance. Check it out below.
http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=131

After reading a good discussion paper from Whiteline, it doesnt seem like the gains from a hollow bar will significantly outweigh a solid bar. Unless its a full track application.
Link below.
http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bulletins/Hollow vs Solid Swaybar.pdf

Probably will end up choosing the Cusco 22mm Solid RSB for its stiffness and reliability.
Sponsored

Josehern10

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
After numerous emails to Eibach in regards to their ID/OD specs of their CTR 25mm RSB and a decent amount of research... I was unable to find any info. That being said, the only conclusion i could come to, based on other hollow vs solid bars and their ID/OD is this. The 25mm tubular bar is most likely equivalent to any 22mm solid sway bar but with less weight. At best, you are saving 6lbs of weight which is (like @JO3L said) achieved by taking the junk out your trunk or skipping that fast food stop before the track lol. If you are looking for the stiffest possible RSB? Karcepts is your company. Only downside is... (based on testimonies in the autocross section) it is "noisy" for DD but by far the best RSB on the market in terms of weight, adjustability, stiffness and overall performance. Check it out below.
http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=131

After reading a good discussion paper from Whiteline, it doesnt seem like the gains from a hollow bar will significantly outweigh a solid bar. Unless its a full track application.
Link below.
http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bulletins/Hollow vs Solid Swaybar.pdf

Probably will end up choosing the Cusco 22mm Solid RSB for its stiffness and reliability.
Now I'm not sure what bar this is obviously, as it was just an example from a video I found. But based on that cut out of the bar, I'm gonna assume they don't make their tubular bars extremely thin? Making the 25mm RSB for the type r a step up from the type r OE bar, as you said previously.. they wouldn't manufacture a bar for the type r weaker than the oe. Right?

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach 25mm RSB Screenshot_20200706-215527_Samsung Internet

OP
OP
Yonder

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now I'm not sure what bar this is obviously, as it was just an example from a video I found. But based on that cut out of the bar, I'm gonna assume they don't make their tubular bars extremely thin? Making the 25mm RSB for the type r a step up from the type r OE bar, as you said previously.. they wouldn't manufacture a bar for the type r weaker than the oe. Right?

Screenshot_20200706-215527_Samsung Internet.jpg
I'd hope so haha with that being said IMO worst case scenario is the 25mm bar is rated the same as the OE CTR but with less weight. No way to tell but what i do know is since I've posted this there is a Whiteline Solid 26MM RSB now lol

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...y-bar-16-20-honda-civic-18-20-accord-bhr97xxz

Josehern10

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I'd hope so haha with that being said IMO worst case scenario is the 25mm bar is rated the same as the OE CTR but with less weight. No way to tell but what i do know is since I've posted this there is a Whiteline Solid 26MM RSB now lol

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...y-bar-16-20-honda-civic-18-20-accord-bhr97xxz
Well I've ordered the 25mm Eibach bar yesterday, so I'll keep you posted on performance! And also yes I saw that whiteline bar, but it comes as a whole kit which is nice but very costly! I got the Eibach one for a very reasonable price imo

OP
OP
Yonder

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I've ordered the 25mm Eibach bar yesterday, so I'll keep you posted on performance! And also yes I saw that whiteline bar, but it comes as a whole kit which is nice but very costly! I got the Eibach one for a very reasonable price imo
Hell yeah that thing is pricy lol too much bar for our OE brackets haha Yeah let me know! Im sure it's going to be just as good, if not better than the 22mm whiteline rsb i installed. Cant imagine a reputable Tuning company swindling all of us into buying a weaker bar. well i'd like to think that anyway ?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be interested in following your assessment!

Josehern10

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Just installed the 25mm bar today. Quick road test around the block on the stiffer setting was a bit too much oversteer, didn't give me the turning response I was looking for, so I switched it to the softer setting and now it's pretty great! Definitely a nice upgrade from stock ?! I'm on Toyo Proxes Sport and Skunk2 lowering springs as well, probably going to be looking at a front strut bar soon. Unless anyone has any other suggestions. ? Will be going for a better road test later today so I will post the results of that as well!
Sponsored