RicEeyEs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th civic Si
Country flag
Here's my performance category mod list, and I've highlighted Green as most effective, and Yellow as second most effective. Those that aren't highlighted are just simple add-ons or unrelated to you if you don't want a tune, and Red are potential warranty losing items:

Engine:
  • Hondata +9 (would've been Green if you weren't concerned about warranty)
  • Mishimoto Intake (would've been Green if you weren't concerned about warranty)
  • Mishimoto Intercooler Kit w/Piping
  • Mishimoto Catch Can
  • 27Won Engine Mount
  • 27won Catted Downpipe + Front Pipe (would've been Yellow if you weren't concerned about warranty)
  • Invidia R400 Catback Exhaust
Transmission:
  • Acuity Short Shifter
  • Acuity Cable Bushings
  • Acuity Pedal Spacer Bracket
  • Acuity Shift Boot Collar
  • Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
  • Awaiting Install: CTR Retrofit Clutch by Eman
Chassis + Suspension:
  • K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers
  • K-Tuned Rear Camber Kit
  • Ultra Racing Strut Bar
  • Ultra Racing Trunk Brace
  • Type R Subframe Brace
  • Whiteline 22mm RSB set to softer setting
Wheels and Tires:
  • Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET35
  • Continental ExtremeContact Sport 245/35ZR18
  • Muteki Steel Lug Nuts
Brakes:
  • Front - Brembo 4-Piston Calipers from Hyundai Genesis Coupe, mated to Nissan Rogue with 3rd row seat Rotors (320x26mm). Stoptech Sport 309.10010 Pads, Mercedes Benz AMG DOT4 Fluid, and Goodridge SS Lines
  • Rear - OE Rotors + Pads, Rear SS Lines
  • Awaiting Install - Stoptech Rear Rotors, Type R Rear Pads
Holy cow I’m gonna have to refer to Thisbe pretty often thanks man! Why do you recommend the softer setting for the sway bar?
Sponsored

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Out of everything listed above, grippy tires will be the single most beneficial performance mod you can do. Better tires alone will cut down seconds in lap times with ease. Your next purchase should be to combo tires with lighter wheels and you will see drastic change in car behavior. Bridgestone RE-71's & Michellin Pilot Sport 4's are the hot commodity with nothing but great reviews.
Do radically lighter wheels negatively impact suspension or handling in any noticeable way? Aren't the adaptive dampers tuned for stock weight?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Do radically lighter wheels negatively impact suspension or handling in any noticeable way? Aren't the adaptive dampers tuned for stock weight?
No, they will not impact suspension in any way. The suspension sits on the wheels, and manages the vehicle balance. As long as the size and offset of the wheels is the same, the weight should make no difference to the suspension. I've never heard anyone complain about suspension or handling concerns after upgrading to lighter wheels and tires when they are the same size and offset.

3...2...1...let's jam

OP
OP

RicEeyEs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th civic Si
Country flag
Don't get a BOV, our cars are MAF tuned. The ECU and all tunes are designed for the stock BPV along with it's spring pressure and the airflow that results. Deviating from those parameters just to hear a fast and furious sound is ridiculous. Use the search or hit the link in my sig for additional detail about why BOV are a bad match for our cars.
I assume this goes the same for 50/50 bov/bpv?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Just say no to BOV's...

I felt the same way ... initially ... then I tossed on the plate back in June... I mean ... spring pressure and stock parts are unchanged since I am using stock parts. No guessing games. It's minimal effort, min dollar and a good solid outcome. No back fires ... no stumble shifts ... I have had mine on for 4 months now ! As for the sound ... it's WAY louder than I had anticipated.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I felt the same way ... initially ... then I tossed on the plate back in June... I mean ... spring pressure and stock parts are unchanged since I am using stock parts. No guessing games. It's minimal effort, min dollar and a good solid outcome. No back fires ... no stumble shifts ... I have had mine on for 4 months now ! As for the sound ... it's WAY louder than I had anticipated.
Post some datalogs?

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Here's my performance category mod list, and I've highlighted Green as most effective, and Yellow as second most effective. Those that aren't highlighted are just simple add-ons or unrelated to you if you don't want a tune, and Red are potential warranty losing items:

Engine:
  • Hondata +9 (would've been Green if you weren't concerned about warranty)
  • Mishimoto Intake (would've been Green if you weren't concerned about warranty)
  • Mishimoto Intercooler Kit w/Piping
  • Mishimoto Catch Can
  • 27Won Engine Mount
  • 27won Catted Downpipe + Front Pipe (would've been Yellow if you weren't concerned about warranty)
  • Invidia R400 Catback Exhaust
Transmission:
  • Acuity Short Shifter
  • Acuity Cable Bushings
  • Acuity Pedal Spacer Bracket
  • Acuity Shift Boot Collar
  • Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
  • Awaiting Install: CTR Retrofit Clutch by Eman
Chassis + Suspension:
  • K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers
  • K-Tuned Rear Camber Kit
  • Ultra Racing Strut Bar
  • Ultra Racing Trunk Brace
  • Type R Subframe Brace
  • Whiteline 22mm RSB set to softer setting
Wheels and Tires:
  • Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET35
  • Continental ExtremeContact Sport 245/35ZR18
  • Muteki Steel Lug Nuts
Brakes:
  • Front - Brembo 4-Piston Calipers from Hyundai Genesis Coupe, mated to Nissan Rogue with 3rd row seat Rotors (320x26mm). Stoptech Sport 309.10010 Pads, Mercedes Benz AMG DOT4 Fluid, and Goodridge SS Lines
  • Rear - OE Rotors + Pads, Rear SS Lines
  • Awaiting Install - Stoptech Rear Rotors, Type R Rear Pads
hows the drone of invidia exhaust?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link