richy1

First Name
KP Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
My ECU in Civic 2016 2.0L got damaged with a couple pins breaking off. A few error codes has appeared and it also seems to be stopping the AC from starting so I went a bought a used unit. When trying to program this ECU to car I keep getting a "failed" error. The old ECU part number is 37820-5BA-A84 while the new unit is 37820-5BA-L64, taken from a civic 2.0L.

I'm wondering if the difference in part number is causing programming to fail. I was of the belief that ECU are all re-programmable once the engines are the same

Should I now have to source another or can a re-flash work?

Thanks
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My ECU in Civic 2016 2.0L got damaged with a couple pins breaking off. A few error codes has appeared and it also seems to be stopping the AC from starting so I went a bought a used unit. When trying to program this ECU to car I keep getting a "failed" error. The old ECU part number is 37820-5BA-A84 while the new unit is 37820-5BA-L64, taken from a civic 2.0L.

I'm wondering if the difference in part number is causing programming to fail. I was of the belief that ECU are all re-programmable once the engines are the same

Thanks
you probably need to go to the dealer and have the immobilizer linked to your car/ecu and there may be mismatched software from the ECU/PCM/TCM etc.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag

Thanks
I have no knowledge on ECU related stuff, but does it look possible to remove just the pins/plastic pin housing from the incorrect ECU and simply swap them onto your original ECU?
Sponsored