Denny fk7

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Just got my new Ktuner V2 and successfully locked it to my ECU, but when I try to connect it to a PC it shows this. I have tried everything, tried 3 PCs, set region and language to USA and English, unlocked and locked the device again, reinstalled the software, etc. But every time I open the software it shows this, and the basemap creator won't show my car model. Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem? Car is 2017 Civic hatchback. (the device was able to connect to my car, if I started the car it showed RPM correctly)

Thanks for helping

Honda Civic 10th gen ECU Communication Failed. [Please help!] 111

Honda Civic 10th gen ECU Communication Failed. [Please help!] 222

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did you install all the drivers during install? Specifically the V2 drivers? It's a separate pop up IIRC.

OP
OP
Denny fk7

Denny fk7

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you install all the drivers during install? Specifically the V2 drivers? It's a separate pop up IIRC.
Yes I did, and I made sure they were there

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes I did, and I made sure they were there
Hmm and just to clarify you are running on native Windows and not a virtual machine or anything? Are you able to bypass the pop up to register your unit or does that thing lock you out?

I've personally never seen this before so maybe @KTuner will weigh in.

OP
OP
Denny fk7

Denny fk7

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmm and just to clarify you are running on native Windows and not a virtual machine or anything? Are you able to bypass the pop up to register your unit or does that thing lock you out?

I've personally never seen this before so maybe @KTuner will weigh in.
Yes and I tried 2 windows laptop and 1 windows PC, I did register for an account but I don't think the unit itself is registered. I saw this page from some tutorial, which I didn't have

do hope Ktuner customer service can solve this

Honda Civic 10th gen ECU Communication Failed. [Please help!] 11

OP
OP
Denny fk7

Denny fk7

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
btw I just found another issue
when I connect and lock the device to ECU, it only shows RPM and - psi, the other 5 items are blank

not like this official tutorial shows
maybe that's the problem.
Honda Civic 10th gen ECU Communication Failed. [Please help!] 1111

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had one of those issues. Even sent my ecu and unit to ktuner to check. In the end it was a PC driver issue.

To this day I still can't get one of my hard drives to work with ktuner but luckily I do have multiple boots and OSs.

So ended up installing fresh windows and ktuner on an essentially a blank drive (I keep a test drive on my desktop) and it's been fine.

OP
OP
Denny fk7

Denny fk7

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had one of those issues. Even sent my ecu and unit to ktuner to check. In the end it was a PC driver issue.

To this day I still can't get one of my hard drives to work with ktuner but luckily I do have multiple boots and OSs.

So ended up installing fresh windows and ktuner on an essentially a blank drive (I keep a test drive on my desktop) and it's been fine.
Thank you.
So installing the software and drivers on a clean pc might help?

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you.
So installing the software and drivers on a clean pc might help?
If you have eliminated all other issues of device working properly, cable is not damaged and working, sufficient power being provided, etc... I would guess that perhaps it is a driver issue.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Recheck and reconnect all connections, restart/reboot everything and make sure you have the car with the dash on and engine off. If the issue persist it may be the cable or software/OS/Driver problem.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
btw I just found another issue
when I connect and lock the device to ECU, it only shows RPM and - psi, the other 5 items are blank

not like this official tutorial shows
maybe that's the problem.
1111.png
If you watch the tutorial video you're citing it shows you how to choose what's on the display. It comes unset by default.

ECU Communication Failed with a V1.2 or V2 is 99% of the time due to language and region settings not being unicode compatible.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you watch the tutorial video you're citing it shows you how to choose what's on the display. It comes unset by default.

ECU Communication Failed with a V1.2 or V2 is 99% of the time due to language and region settings not being unicode compatible.
I noticed the interface font in his first picture was pretty weird - could that be due to unicode issues as well?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I noticed the interface font in his first picture was pretty weird - could that be due to unicode issues as well?
The window in his photo says ECU Communication Failed, which is what I mentioned.

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Reviving this thread as I have the same issue now.

My KTuner v1.2 used to work fine until my car battery completely died while I was away for a while. Now when I connect the KTuner to my OBDII port and to my laptop with the car running, it says logging and none of the data is reading real time. When I click the “connect” button it will disconnect the Ktuner. It doesn’t say connect nor does it read live data like RPM, IAT, etc. It seems like the computer is only connecting to the KTuner unit and not the ECU.

Also, it will not connect to TunerViewLite either. It used to connect fine as well but now it won’t even find the KTuner in the HU Bluetooth connections.

How do I fix this? @KTuner any help on this?