Si ECT2 sensor necessary? Discrepancy between prl app and ktuner

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
is plugging in the ect2 sensor necessary for the latest version of the prl flex fuel kit? It seems that the ktuner when plugged in (1.2v) says the ethanol content is higher than what I read on the app when I connect to the wifi. I’m running tsp stage 2. In the prl instructions video they say you don’t need to plug in the ect2 sensor and you can leave it out of the way. ALSO I noticed it looks like it should have two prongs but it only has one is that normal? Let me know guys!
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you want the ECU to see the voltage it would need to be plugged into the ECU. You probably mean using with a tuning product is not necessary to monitor ethanol with their app.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
The ECT2 sensor in the radiator can and should be left unpluged obviously. But the plug from the ECU should be plugged in to the ethanol sensor in order for the ECU to read and adjust the tuning. It may be left unplugged if you just want to monitor ethanol content without an apropiate ECU tune, which is very rare and you should not put more than a galon of E85 without tuning.
Sponsored