Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Ran autocross today, it was only 70 out but after 4 runs I reached a ect of 255.
Im wondering what you guys do between runs to keep ect down. I was keeping my hood up when possible but it's not always possible to at all or for very long. I did get a tip to put the AC on between runs to make the aux fan kick on, and that did help keep it down to 205-210. But I feel there's more I can be doing.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you have an upgraded radiator? It is kind of a must for repeated track laps as I understand it.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Ran autocross today, it was only 70 out but after 4 runs I reached a ect of 255.
Im wondering what you guys do between runs to keep ect down. I was keeping my hood up when possible but it's not always possible to at all or for very long. I did get a tip to put the AC on between runs to make the aux fan kick on, and that did help keep it down to 205-210. But I feel there's more I can be doing.
WOW, that's incredibly hot! I'm surprised your car didn't go into limp mode.

I would highly advise adding a high flow grille at least. I have this one from Pro Civic, but you can find others online too. The opening is double the size. An upgraded radiator will also help you, we offer Koyorad. You may want to consider both considering how hot you are running. I've never been above 228f, and that was before this grille.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ect between runs. DSC_2056 (1).JPG

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
WOW, that's incredibly hot! I'm surprised your car didn't go into limp mode.

I would highly advise adding a high flow grille at least. I have this one from Pro Civic, but you can find others online too. The opening is double the size. An upgraded radiator will also help you, we offer Koyorad. You may want to consider both considering how hot you are running. I've never been above 228f, and that was before this grille.

DSC_2056 (1).JPG
I have a similar grill from Amazon

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I'm thinking about a carbon hood with vents

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
255° after 4 AX runs doesn't seem right at all, especially given you location and the time of year.

I know Hondata has the ability to change the values for fan speed control based on ECT. I assume your on KTuner, but I'd look into that. I've had luck with both fans on high at 185°

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I don't see any options for fans but maybe someone else knows something.

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Sounds like something else is wrong here. I don't know exact temps but my gauge never moves at an autox, even mid summer here in FL 95+*. I'd expect the gauge to start to creep at 215-220 range.

Keep car on, pop hood, turn on AC or heat (Heat works better but you'll not be happy lol). Some times i toss a rag on the TIP that's doused in water. Doesn't help with the ect but for sure cools down the intake a noticeable amount.

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Sounds like something else is wrong here. I don't know exact temps but my gauge never moves at an autox, even mid summer here in FL 95+*. I'd expect the gauge to start to creep at 215-220 range.

Keep car on, pop hood, turn on AC or heat (Heat works better but you'll not be happy lol). Some times i toss a rag on the TIP that's doused in water. Doesn't help with the ect but for sure cools down the intake a noticeable amount.
Yeah when it hit 255 I wasn't turning on ac or heat. Climate was just staying off. Once o started turning ac on between heats it was going down from 210 at the end of a run to 185 30 seconds later.
Sponsored