Economical Exhaust tips

OP
OP

idgystinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2015 BMW 328d
I put same tips on my car this afternoon and they touch the press against the rear bumber. I drove for 10 minutes and the tips were hot and the rear of the car smelled like something was burning. Did you experience the same? I'm wod ering if the burning smell is oil residue from the new tips or my bumber melting. :(
Sounds risky to me. I am still in trial mode with no issues, but I managed to put in spacers so bumper not directly rubbing. When in doubt, take no chances. Some enterprising company could make a mint on a direct application for these civics.
Sponsored

drumachine9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Would something like this work better to keep it off the bumper? Maybe counteract the factory angle of the exhaust. Might look stupid, fount it on ebay, just an idea for those looking.
Honda Civic 10th gen Economical Exhaust tips Screenshot_2016-03-02-06-56-49

OP
OP

idgystinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would something like this work better to keep it off the bumper? Maybe counteract the factory angle of the exhaust. Might look stupid, fount it on ebay, just an idea for those looking.
Screenshot_2016-03-02-06-56-49.jpg
that looks perfect for this application. Some of the EBAY tips are from China and of spurious quality. However, I would love to see these on the Civic. As for the Walmart specials I bought, I have no heat issues the way I did it. Honda Civic 10th gen Economical Exhaust tips image (4)

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I wish Honda would have installed exhaust tips from the factory or at least offered them as a Honda accessory.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I wish Honda would have installed exhaust tips from the factory or at least offered them as a Honda accessory.
I totally agree. Seems like a real oversight on their part. They should have been an accessory for sure.

OP
OP

idgystinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I totally agree. Seems like a real oversight on their part. They should have been an accessory for sure.
So true-Even the CRV offers an ugly accessory tip. Honda must really be in mindset that hidden exhaust present in image of hybrid like green driving--out of sight out of mind. Even the TLX has hidden exhaust. I loved the of TSX and 2004 era TL exhausts--regardless, aftermarket will come to the rescue. I just could not wait.

Rook3300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (no more)
SHonda must really be in mindset that hidden exhaust present in image of hybrid like green driving--out of sight out of mind.
Yep, this right here. A lot of car makers are going this route. It's going to happen more and more as perception is really half the game here.

OP
OP

idgystinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks very nice and finished. did you end up putting in a fourth screw to ensure bond? this looks like same general configuration I used. I did add a "spacer" of rubber between bumper and tip to prevent abrasion and reduce any heat transfer. I am finding the heat no much issue but weather has been cool.

drumachine9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
I just bought them from Walmart this morning. I was skeptical about the quality but they were actually really nice. I just pushed them on to take the pic. They look nice in person, very clean non offensive look. I'll be locking them down with the hardware and having my buddy tack weld the bolt to the stock pipe to ensure they stay straight and don't fall off.

Dave6139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/ Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Whoever has purchased the Walmart ones, would you think getting the ones that are 3.25" instead of 3.5" OD would keep them from touching the bumper?

cokeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I just bought them from Walmart this morning. I was skeptical about the quality but they were actually really nice. I just pushed them on to take the pic. They look nice in person, very clean non offensive look. I'll be locking them down with the hardware and having my buddy tack weld the bolt to the stock pipe to ensure they stay straight and don't fall off.
What size?

drumachine9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
What size?
I'm sorry did you want the outlet size or the inlet size. Inlet is adjustable and the outlet is 3.25in. My Walmart only has 2 sizes. It's the bigger of the 2. It's got to be big enough to fit around the downward curve of the stock exhaust so when you put them on they sit level with the car and not point down.