Econ button 2017 civic turbo

qexler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 tacoma
ive read that the Econ button actually hurts mpg, and Honda was working on an update... any word if this was just a 2016 issue? Fixed in 2017? Or is Honda still working on an update?
Sponsored

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Post up your sources... It only dulls throttle response which in turn make you use less gas.

OP
OP

qexler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 tacoma
I see that as well, I also read of the cvt "sling shot" effect when accelerating more so while Econ is on... kind of the chuggle from a slow acceleration or stop I assume?

un hombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+GT White
Country flag
At least on manual, Econ button dulls the throttle response and decreases effective AC/Climate control.

For me it is unusable in situation where I have to accelerate, overtake or city driving. In fact, in those situations I find Econ dangerous.

The only scenario where Econ works for me is constant speed driving, like highway, country roads, cruise control situations. In those cases, I find the mpg a bit better, however I had no occasion to verify that accurately.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
My Econ is always off. It makes the aircond horrible..... With Econ on the there is no throttle response at all.... I always drive with Econ off, it is really punchy. ECON make no sense.. What we need is "Sport"

mikzysw2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
My Econ is always off. It makes the aircond horrible..... With Econ on the there is no throttle response at all.... I always drive with Econ off, it is really punchy. ECON make no sense.. What we need is "Sport"
I was always wondering why my aircon was terrible, for some reason i have never turned of ECON. Thanks for the information i will turn it off and see the difference myself.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
I was always wondering why my aircon was terrible, for some reason i have never turned of ECON. Thanks for the information i will turn it off and see the difference myself.
Also turn off ECON will give me better gas mileage since I don't have to flooring the accelerator very often

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
I also find the aircon unusable in econ mode. Especially when it is over 80 degrees (80% of the year here).

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good control over your right foot is the only Econ you need. Using cruise control with Econ on is also infuriating, the speed fluctuation is terrible due to the poor throttle response.

shire123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 honda hybrid, 2009 Honda Fit, 2015 Honda CRV
Good control over your right foot is the only Econ you need. Using cruise control with Econ on is also infuriating, the speed fluctuation is terrible due to the poor throttle response.
I guess we have very different driving styles. I have the cruise and Econ on almost continuously. Have never experienced any significant speed fluctuation.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I also use the Econ button from time to time. It does dull the throttle and reduce the A/C so I don't use it in around town driving or on very hot days. But, I do get 3-4 mpg more with it on when I'm cruising on the highway.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess we have very different driving styles. I have the cruise and Econ on almost continuously. Have never experienced any significant speed fluctuation.
Guess while cruising I'm used to a 1 km/h variation. I just find with Econ on it doesn't react quickly enough to changing elevations. It'll drop as much 3-4 km/h on a small incline before it recovers. I Have the manual.

shire123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 honda hybrid, 2009 Honda Fit, 2015 Honda CRV
Guess while cruising I'm used to a 1 km/h variation. I just find with Econ on it doesn't react quickly enough to changing elevations. It'll drop as much 3-4 km/h on a small incline before it recovers. I Have the manual.
I have a manual too. On a small incline I generally see a 1mph drop and on the downslope maybe a 1-2 mph increase. That magnitude of change doesn't bother me at all given the fuel economy tradeoff. My previous 2005 civic would do the same thing and it didn't have an econ button.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You mean like this? Which you would have gotten if you just bought an Si instead.
Honda Civic 10th gen Econ button 2017 civic turbo IMG_0040.JPG

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
You mean like this? Which you would have gotten if you just bought an Si instead.
IMG_0040.JPG
How many of thousands is that "S" worth in price over EX-T?
Sponsored