NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I was looking to pickup some side skirt extensions for my Si Coupe. I saw that ABS Dynamics and Ikon were both popular choices for those who want to go under $200, but unfortunately both sites are out of stock.

I saw that there were some cheaper options on Ebay and I was wondering if anybody has had any experience installing these. Do these just mount onto the same clips underneath the stock splitter?
I'm new to bodywork and would like to avoid drilling if I could.

Also, are there other brands than ABS/Ikon that I should take a look at?

For reference, these are the ones I'm looking at:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2016-2...:Civic&hash=item2d09a0c334:g:6~EAAOSwKVFeoZHj
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I don’t know how you plan to secure side skirts with only double sided tape or something. Drilling of some kind will be necessary. Unless you get the HFP ones.

OP
OP
NixChixFix

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I don’t know how you plan to secure side skirts with only double sided tape or something. Drilling of some kind will be necessary. Unless you get the HFP ones.
When looking at the pictures, I see that there are holes that may line up with the clips that hold the stock skirts in -- I assumed I could've just taken the clips off, put this one, and reinsert the clip to hold it together.

This may be wishful thinking though -- I notice the ebay kit comes with screws to I am inclined to think that drilling is necessary. I was just hoping someone can confirm the contrary.

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got side skirts from eBay as well, but slightly different. It’s an abs material. I have an EX-L sedan and the side skirts are hollow in the middle and held on with clips. You can drill right through them to mount with screws.

I used truss screws that self tap. I saw a home fixer up video that used these screws. They are inexpensive at Home Depot. If it can hold metal siding in the elements On a house I’m sure it can hold an eBay side skirt. Make sure your drill is fully charged. You’ll need full power to drill right through and not have the material bulge out from the drilling. If there is not enough power from the drill you will get unevenness. Make sure you also use painters tape where you will drill. It will keep you where you want to be and reduce any cracking.

My side skirts have a bevel so I put the screws in the inner section. Since there is a fin on the back end I put 4 screws staggered on that end to keep it from sagging. 2 staggered at the front to ensure no wobbling. In between stagger the screws 6 inches apart. This will reduce any sagging or flopping. Check out the pic provided. The red highlights are where I put a screws.

I wrapped mine in Vivvid gloss black before installing. Haven’t had a problem with them. I’ve accidentally stepped on them coming out of the car and still held on. I almost bought those same ones. They’ll look great on your car. Good luck.

Honda Civic 10th gen eBay Side Skirts installation 6F5DEA3D-E457-4E6A-894A-7A6AA0EC77DA

Honda Civic 10th gen eBay Side Skirts installation F4BDCC78-EE3E-4D36-88E9-8C9F0526E5DC

Honda Civic 10th gen eBay Side Skirts installation FBC3FF0A-F91E-4282-A7A8-27A699E01CD5

Honda Civic 10th gen eBay Side Skirts installation 31154A00-7A4A-48FF-B63D-7420A0955C23

Honda Civic 10th gen eBay Side Skirts installation 1CFAB008-002B-4894-9914-9BD990A53749

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When looking at the pictures, I see that there are holes that may line up with the clips that hold the stock skirts in -- I assumed I could've just taken the clips off, put this one, and reinsert the clip to hold it together.

This may be wishful thinking though -- I notice the ebay kit comes with screws to I am inclined to think that drilling is necessary. I was just hoping someone can confirm the contrary.
Once upon a time, when I installed my sideskirts, it just fit over the original piece. Used the same clips to secure.
Sponsored