Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install)

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
I wonder what the condition of the original fabric would be when/if the PU Leather and adhesive tape are removed ...
Sponsored

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
I installed all the armrests myself and let me tell you getting everything tucked in especially in the corners is extremely hard to do. I learned as I was doing each one and of course started at the back doors so by the time I did the front two it would hopefully look better..lol.. Overall took me about 3 hours to do all 4 armrests. Anyway I will take pictures when i get a chance but I probably need to get some advice from someone here on how to tuck the front and back corner edges in more complete so they will look a little better. I am just waiting on the center console to arrive and then I will tackle that one.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered the arm rest, door side panels and center arm rest. I hate the cloth. Looking at this post made me pull the trigger. I was considering it for a while. However... I just read all the comments and I see its going to be a pain in the butt. Dam it! lol. How is it holding for everyone that did it? more tips and suggestions would be appreciated. I ordered all the pieces with red stitching. Thanks for this post!

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
I have not confirmed this beyond my own little tests, but it appears that the cloth is not glued to the foam underneath. Might be able to get a better fitment by cutting the cloth off then applying the cover and using some spray adhesive to anchor the edges down.

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I ordered the arm rest, door side panels and center arm rest. I hate the cloth. Looking at this post made me pull the trigger. I was considering it for a while. However... I just read all the comments and I see its going to be a pain in the butt. Dam it! lol. How is it holding for everyone that did it? more tips and suggestions would be appreciated. I ordered all the pieces with red stitching. Thanks for this post!
I installed the arm rests, door panels, and center console pieces and it is much easier to do if you take the arm rest off the door imo. The arm rest is held in by 5 screws from the back and it just pops out and it is very easy to take off the door panel. Same for center console 2 screws and pop it off. Just make sure to line up the edges and tape around the corners so the ends don't come undone.

I've had mine in my car for like 4 months now and everything holds fine even with the crazy heat. Just don't let it get too wet and it should stick fine. One time it was raining really hard and my door panel got soaked and it came off a little on the door panel but I pushed it back on and has stuck ever since.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the arm rests, door panels, and center console pieces and it is much easier to do if you take the arm rest off the door imo. The arm rest is held in by 5 screws from the back and it just pops out and it is very easy to take off the door panel. Same for center console 2 screws and pop it off. Just make sure to line up the edges and tape around the corners so the ends don't come undone.

I've had mine in my car for like 4 months now and everything holds fine even with the crazy heat. Just don't let it get too wet and it should stick fine. One time it was raining really hard and my door panel got soaked and it came off a little on the door panel but I pushed it back on and has stuck ever since.
Awesome thanks for the feedback. I've never taken a door panel off and I didn't wanna do it but if that makes it better... I might do it. I just ordered everything on Sunday. Hopefully I get this before its crazy cold. I am also considering buying this to make everything cooler

I like the black and chrome contrast. They have those in carbon fiber too. I just need some affordable nice looking seat covers with some red stitching and im set. Hahaha

Last edited:

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag

Lol it is so difficult pulling it off.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This does not look like a long term mod.. I would remove and apply with glue and clamps. I can see hot weather pulling these up easy

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag
I have a sedan. So I purchased leather(?) for the armrests and the interior door panel, which is just above the armrest. Taking the entire interior panel off is the hardest part even with the plastic tools. It's better to do it in well-lit setting.

After taking it off, there're some melted plastic where metal screws should have been used for the interior door panel. I guess it's to save cost. It's too much effort to take it off and the last thing I need is more rattle to the panel so I leave it on (at least until someone else can prove otherwise). The armrests use only metal screws. After taking it off, I used the double sided tape and then hot glue gun to make sure the edge is nicely tucked in. If the heat somehow melt the glue later on I would come back and edit this post. Make sure the edge with the handle has more coverage since the plastic piece might not cover it. Also use the glue only to tuck the edge in and don't let it get on the other side because once harden it's incredibly hard to get it off. I start off on the back before making it to the driver's side. Also it's best to purchase replacement clips (91560-szw-003) after putting the panels back on all except one preferably the back.

I would say the driver side armrest came out looking really good (for now). Overall it's worth it. There're some extra noises when putting the window up or down tho. Just don't buy the interior door panel leather unless you're willing to take off the melted plastic.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I did this to my driver side door arm rest last night. However I actually removed the cloth from the arm rest, cleaned the adhesive from the plastic and sprayed some adhesive on the leather cover and the arm rest. Came out really good. Gonna do the passenger side later today and do the rear arm rests this weekend. I had bought the leather covers for the center console and used the tape for that, however I may pull those off and do the same thing as the arm rests. Only down side is the arm rests are a little hard, no padding. For the console I’ll prob put a thin layer of padding first then put the leather on it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) 52E65A05-44D6-4CB8-915B-BA0412FCCC09

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) 3719B8DB-EAD2-4C8C-89CF-54F4049841B1

OP
OP
relentlessX

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Looks good! I originally wanted to remove the cloth but I knew that if I screwed up the install, I would have nothing to fallback on.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Looks good! I originally wanted to remove the cloth but I knew that if I screwed up the install, I would have nothing to fallback on.
The install was actually quite easy. You need to take the door panel off and remove the screws that hold the arm rest in (5 in total if I recall correctly). then you can peel the cloth off. came off very easy and quick since its just held with spray-adhesive. once thats done, clean the old adhesive with Goo-Gone (this was the most time consuming of the entire install), wipe it down with water (to remove the Goo-Gone), spray new adhesive to the plastic and the leather and apply. I did the application in stages...made sure the seam was position properly on the rounded corner first before pressing down on the top of the arm rest. Also did the side as well. After that, I sprayed adhesive to the underside of the plastic near the edge so I could fold the remaining leather. Easy-peasy :D I can put a vid together this weekend when I do the rear arm rests if you like.

Edit: I did keep the cloth in case I want/need to put it back on.

OP
OP
relentlessX

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
The install was actually quite easy. You need to take the door panel off and remove the screws that hold the arm rest in (5 in total if I recall correctly). then you can peel the cloth off. came off very easy and quick since its just held with spray-adhesive. once thats done, clean the old adhesive with Goo-Gone (this was the most time consuming of the entire install), wipe it down with water (to remove the Goo-Gone), spray new adhesive to the plastic and the leather and apply. I did the application in stages...made sure the seam was position properly on the rounded corner first before pressing down on the top of the arm rest. Also did the side as well. After that, I sprayed adhesive to the underside of the plastic near the edge so I could fold the remaining leather. Easy-peasy :D I can put a vid together this weekend when I do the rear arm rests if you like.

Edit: I did keep the cloth in case I want/need to put it back on.
I'm sure the video will help others if they want to tackle this project. I'm actually impressed with how these covers are holding up based on the tape install I did. I was worried it was going to peel up over time or when the car gets hot. But it still looks like the day I installed them. My friend got his civic done with katzkin leather which included arm rests/center console replacements and he even said these ebay ones look better than the katzkin covers that were installed since these have a stitch on the corner and his doesn't. But katckin leather is nicer as far as feel and quality.
Sponsored