Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install)

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The install was actually quite easy. You need to take the door panel off and remove the screws that hold the arm rest in (5 in total if I recall correctly). then you can peel the cloth off. came off very easy and quick since its just held with spray-adhesive. once thats done, clean the old adhesive with Goo-Gone (this was the most time consuming of the entire install), wipe it down with water (to remove the Goo-Gone), spray new adhesive to the plastic and the leather and apply. I did the application in stages...made sure the seam was position properly on the rounded corner first before pressing down on the top of the arm rest. Also did the side as well. After that, I sprayed adhesive to the underside of the plastic near the edge so I could fold the remaining leather. Easy-peasy :D I can put a vid together this weekend when I do the rear arm rests if you like.

Edit: I did keep the cloth in case I want/need to put it back on.
I did the center console/armrest thing... but I got the arm rests and door piece.... and I felt that I am gonna screw it up. if you can give some pointers and a video... it would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I did the center console/armrest thing... but I got the arm rests and door piece.... and I felt that I am gonna screw it up. if you can give some pointers and a video... it would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
I'll make a video this weekend for the arm rests. If I have time, I'll see if can get the console as well, since I also did tape for the console but want to redo it using the same procedure as the arm rests.

have_full

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatc 2017
what happened when you remove the cover?
I just wondering..
just in case it doesn't last long..

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
what happened when you remove the cover?
I just wondering..
just in case it doesn't last long..
If you’re asking about the cloth cover on the arm rest, nothing. I just pulled it off. It’s only held but some blue spray adhesive.

have_full

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatc 2017
If you’re asking about the cloth cover on the arm rest, nothing. I just pulled it off. It’s only held but some blue spray adhesive.
oh nice,
I just ordered it from ebay.
might wait for your video for installation

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si 2011 Grand Cherokee 4x4 1996 rhd crv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
will these fit the coupe? has anyone tried? im sure the doors are the same and youll just have the back door ones left over but not sure.
Sponsored