Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install)

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
I posted this in the "What did you do to your civic today" but figured it would be more beneficial here in case someone wanted to get these.

Purchased these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-Armres...lack-for-Honda-Civic-10th-16-17-/112568826025 for $20.00

Delivery took about 2 weeks.

Install took me about 2 hours.

Tools needed were all included in the kit except for scissors.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) IMG_E3928.JPG

1. Start by taping the arm rest with the supplied double sided tape.
2. Dry fit the leather cover first so you know how its going to be applied.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) IMG_E3942.JPG

3. Peel the first two strips closes to you to apply the leather cover.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) IMG_E3943.JPG

4. Apply the leather and make sure the stitched leather portion is lined along the edge.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) IMG_E3944.JPG

5. Apply double sided tape all the way to the edge of the leather. This portion will also be tucked using the angled tool.
6. Start tucking the leather underneath the arm rest and tuck in between the crevices.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) IMG_E3946.JPG

Before and After Front

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) IMG_3937.JPG

Before and After Rear

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) IMG_3936.JPG

Also did the same type of kit for the center console:

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) centerconsole

View attachment 67959

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

jbatman1080

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (White Orchid Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wouldnt it be better if you dissamble it?

OP
OP
relentlessX

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wouldnt it be better if you dissamble it?
Not sure. I didnt want to disassemble anything which is why I got this instead of the replacement covers. Plus this was much cheaper especially if you know how to install it.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
How does the leather feel? And any bumps or anything because of tape? Hopefully it'll hold up in the summer and not move around!
Could you also post the link where you bought center console? Thanks!

OP
OP
relentlessX

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does the leather feel? And any bumps or anything because of tape? Hopefully it'll hold up in the summer and not move around!
Could you also post the link where you bought center console? Thanks!
Leather feels good. No bumps at all. The tape they supply is extremely thin but very strong. I'm unable to feel where the tape is applied. I'm sure it will be fine in the summer since the leather isn't stretched. But if it doesn't hold up, I'll post here with an update.

Center console: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-C...Box-Surface-Case-Cover-Trim-BlK-/253052904689

hawjdude

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch, Evo 8, GTR, Supra, RX7
Thanks a bunch for posting this. I just got the center console in today, and, thought I got the wrong stuff. Will tackle it later.

ty04orange

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2017 Accord EX-L, 1984 Toyota Pickup
I posted this in the "What did you do to your civic today" but figured it would be more beneficial here in case someone wanted to get these.

Purchased these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-Armres...lack-for-Honda-Civic-10th-16-17-/112568826025 for $20.00

Delivery took about 2 weeks.

Install took me about 2 hours.

Tools needed were all included in the kit except for scissors.

IMG_E3928.JPG

1. Start by taping the arm rest with the supplied double sided tape.
2. Dry fit the leather cover first so you know how its going to be applied.

IMG_E3942.JPG

3. Peel the first two strips closes to you to apply the leather cover.

IMG_E3943.JPG

4. Apply the leather and make sure the stitched leather portion is lined along the edge.

IMG_E3944.JPG

5. Apply double sided tape all the way to the edge of the leather here since this is a portion of the leather that will not be tucked.
6. Start tucking the leather underneath the arm rest and tuck in between the crevices

IMG_E3946.JPG

Before and After Front

IMG_3937.JPG

Before and After Rear

IMG_3936.JPG

Also did the same type of kit for the center console:

centerconsole.jpg

View attachment 67959

Did the extra thickness of the console make sliding the center part harder or impossible?

OP
OP
relentlessX

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the extra thickness of the console make sliding the center part harder or impossible?
Yes, it made it harder but still easily slide-able. I was going to spray some interior detailer on the sides to help it out but left it as-is since I lean on the console from time to time so I actually like how it is.

ty04orange

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2017 Accord EX-L, 1984 Toyota Pickup
Yes, it made it harder but still easily slide-able. I was going to spray some interior detailer on the sides to help it out but left it as-is since I lean on the console from time to time so I actually like how it is.
Yours turned out really good. I started on the drivers side doors today and that tucking tool about wore my hands out, and it doesn’t look near as good as yours. It’ll do for now, especially since it was cheap, but eventually I’ll get the leather pieces from Honda to replace the cloth. It definitely feels better than the scratchy cloth! I’m gonna try to do the other doors and center console this weekend. Do you have to tuck all the way around on the center console side pieces like the arm rests?

OP
OP
relentlessX

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yours turned out really good. I started on the drivers side doors today and that tucking tool about wore my hands out, and it doesn’t look near as good as yours. It’ll do for now, especially since it was cheap, but eventually I’ll get the leather pieces from Honda to replace the cloth. It definitely feels better than the scratchy cloth! I’m gonna try to do the other doors and center console this weekend. Do you have to tuck all the way around on the center console side pieces like the arm rests?
For the center console, you're removing the side pieces and the center console itself.
Take a look at this thread to see how to remove it: http://www.civicx.com/threads/upgrading-from-cloth-to-leather-trim.12576/
The sides pop up with no tools. The center, you'll need to remove the back plastic cover with a pry tool. Then you'll need to remove the retaining "c" clip off the rod, and a screw driver to remove the rod. Should take you 5 minutes at the most to remove the 3 pieces. Once it's off, dry fit the pieces and use tape on all sides and top and bottom. Keep the stitching of the leather on the corners/edge and everything will line up. Be sure to fold the side pieces as seen here circled in green.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay PU leather arm rest covers over cloth (install) centerconsole2

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
Thanks for your detailed instructions and video. I received mine in yesterday also and will install sometime this week when I get a chance. I have an SI so I got the black leather with the red stitching. I installed all the carbon fiber interior pieces I have received so far and everything looks great much better than stock. I will take some pics also after I am finished installing everything!

cmatti2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My concern is if the tape will hold up over time.