eBay listing for used 2021 LE CTR - buyer's remorse or trying to make a quick buck?

Buyer's Remorse or Trying to flip for profit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
That guy is a moron. Any car being sold by someone that isn't the dealer = used. Ain't nobody paying that much for used when a brand new one can be had for that or less.
Sponsored

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
That guy is a moron. Any car being sold by someone that isn't the dealer = used. Ain't nobody paying that much for used when a brand new one can be had for that or less.
Any car being sold that has already been titled is "used", but yeah I'm with you he is an idiot.

Literally no one is dumb enough to buy this car, and I'll bet anything he starts dropping the price soon.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I might be in the minority here - but depending on what the ADM is by dealers along with BS fees etc - someone might be willing to bid around the $60k amount and see what happens - I guess as long as it meets reserved and you can get it for $60 - with those miles - might be worth it.....especially if dealers are selling it for $70k

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
16 miles = used, therefore itā€™s too much... so what about all the people paying $30k+ for a 2018 with 18k miles....

His asking price isnā€™t too far fetched... honestly, heā€™ll probably get what heā€™s asking, maybe even close to the BIN price.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
$15k over certainly isn't crazy. Keep in mind that there are other considerations. For example, for an AZ resident, there is no sales tax on a used car from a private party. So if $5k over is 'reasonable', the AZ resident avoids $4k in sales tax and can offer $54k and get a reasonable deal.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Exactly.....and people were talking about $15K ADM on a regular one like its a real thing. If this LE was that sought after, it wouldn't matter that it's a flipper versus a dealer since the car is basically new anyway.

Until I hear from people who paid $15K over for a civic, I refuse to believe that it's anything more than a dealership fairytale. Couple thousand for convenience or impatience, sure, but LOL at $50-60K civics.

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
Majority of the dealers are still marking up the regular CTR after all these years even though they are not flying off the lot. This should not be happening if it is a supply and demand issue. I wonder why????

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, the regular ones are coming down in price a bit faster than I thought. Here's one 5k under market value. Under 29k for an 18 CTR is more in my price range. :drive:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Majority of the dealers are still marking up the regular CTR after all these years even though they are not flying off the lot. This should not be happening if it is a supply and demand issue. I wonder why????
Still high demand relative to supply. Many dealers are content to hold out for MSRP or above as they get such few number of cars.

Man, the regular ones are coming down in price a bit faster than I thought. Here's one 5k under market value. Under 29k for an 18 CTR is more in my price range. :drive:
Sure. Cherry pick the lowest (non salvage) car in the country... If that one checks out, it looks like a very good deal. Wonder what the ā€˜fleetā€™ reference is.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Something's not right with that dealer, check out their awful reviews. While I don't believe any ADM is justified on a CTR, that example is definitely not a reflection of what these are still going for either.

I would bet that car has a story after a thorough inspection.....if it even exists at their dealership. Has sketchy written all over it. If real and it has no drama in its past, that's an outlier someone should snatch up fairly quick.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If he listed to BaT or Cars & Bids he'd probably have gotten some attention to it from serious buyers. I doubt the average shopper perusing eBay Motors is looking for limited edition cars at markup.
Sponsored