eBay listing for used 2021 LE CTR - buyer's remorse or trying to make a quick buck?

Buyer's Remorse or Trying to flip for profit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Flip. Description doesn't have a sob story that he made a mistake.
I resell sneakers and PS5s so I know

Melvinspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2015 Ford Flex
Country flag
I voted Flip.
How can you have buyers remorse if you never drove it? (16mi on the odometer).
Plus the plastic on the seats and the sticker in the window?

OP
OP
WindJunkie

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
It seems strange to me for the owner to attempt a flip with a $60k price tag. That is essentially the going rate across the country at any dealership. If the asking price were ~$50-55k, I could surmise that they bought it around MSRP and they're going for a ~$5k flip profit. At $60k, I'd be a damn fool not to buy one myself straight from a dealer, IMO

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
No buyers remorse.... yet. As long as he can make a quick and healthy profit. The remorse will set in when he doesn’t flip it fast enough to cover his a$$.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
What's MSRP for you guys? It's $55,700CAD without thinking of the dollar difference it looks like he's flipping

OP
OP
WindJunkie

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
What's MSRP for you guys? It's $55,700CAD without thinking of the dollar difference it looks like he's flipping
It's essentially $45k USD MSRP when you factor in shipping. This owner may have gotten in it slightly under $50k with tax and dealer fee, so he's trying to make a quick $10k. Another thought is that they plan to keep it long term but thought, why not test the waters. Not a bad way to go either way if they did get it at MSRP

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That car is only worth as much as people with too much money are willing to pay for it.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
IF the LE was more exclusive with 100 in North America and not 600 US, 100 CAN then yeah it makes sense that the value will go up (or down depending on how many clicks) in the long run

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
With 16 miles on the odo, clearly a flip. Good for him if he can get it.

Don't see why someone who really wants it and would shell out $20K+ ADM on one from a dealer wouldn't consider this, unless that person doesn't actually exist and this LE markup game is all smoke and mirrors like alot of these super high regular R markups.

I would think $8K over his OTD price is closer to what someone may actually fork over. Assuming he snagged it at msrp, something around $55K seems more realistic for a sure sale. Still a nice profit for not alot of work/time. Little risk too, as he could just sell it for what he paid + taxes/fees pretty easy with only 16 miles.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
With a dealer, you have ADM being added to these cars as well as TT&L; so if you are an individual who has paid all of this and then you have EBay taking a cut - do you think maybe this is a manager from a dealer trying to pose as an individual selling a vehicle? And if not - its definitely someone who is trying to flip the car.
Sponsored