JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
Car just got back from a drive so pardon the bugs/dirt.

Had a track day scheduled for May the 4th in Alabama so I wanted to work on getting things just a little cooler under the hood but doing it on-the-cheap.
This is one of those off e-bay aftermarket grills.
Definitely opened things up and definitely getting some additional hood-lift/wiggle when going fast.
Next is opening up the "scoop" to give all that additional air some place to go but obviously not in any hurry anymore...
The H decal is actually a good color match (picture throws it off) and cutting out and reshaping the Type R badge down was a few hours of work.
I'm not kidding myself - I wouldn't say it's ready for SEMA or anything but I'm pretty happy with the results for $80 and a bunch of hours...

Pulling the entire front bumper assembly is not hard but a bit fussy and no matter how careful you are it will never be 100% factory ever again now will it... might as well grab a few new of all 3 fasteners it takes to reassemble.

I ended up using some hot-glue and black silicone on the "wings" I just don't trust double-sided adhesive alone for a part subject to 100+ MPH.

This was supposed to be a grill update and splitter install (to offset possible lift created by opening things up) but my experience with the Aeroflow Dynamics splitter was, well, lets just say it is back in the box and will go up for sale if things ever get better.

Anyway- not an install post just a result post.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay Grill Swap IMG_7020.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay Grill Swap IMG_7021.JPG