First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you don't already have a cold air intake, it has been proven by others to lower your intake temps

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
Make something for the rear cheese graters as well. :)

bRYANT619

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 RR CTR/15 4Runner
Country flag
Bought from same seller but only received the silver/chrome emblem

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
Since a lot of people are curious about this ebay grill to either:

1. Manage overheating on track
2. Want the look

You can find it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2016-18-HONDA-CIVIC-10TH-GEN-JDM-CTR-STYLE-GLOSSY-BLK-MESH-FRONT-HOOD-GRILLE/112675216381?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Note that the grill comes well packaged in a large box.

Also comes with a black and silver honda emblem as shown.

You can buy red emblems from ICB here: https://www.icbmotorsport.com/uscifk8ctr20.html

Amazon Prime also has them for $109 shipped with an emblem. Mine arrives today.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it really help sucking in more air?
if you don't already have a cold air intake, it has been proven by others to lower your intake temps
I haven't followed in a while, but I'm pretty sure the cooling improvement is to the radiator, and overall more air going into the engine bay. Folks tracking their cars, especially on hot days, were not getting enough air flow to the radiator to keep the engine cool for a full track day. The intake pulls from the top of the grill, in the section that is unchanged between the OEM and aftermarket versions, so intake flow shouldn't change. The intercooler is also fed by the opening beneath the grill in question.

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
This will help to some degree and is worth doing if you are serious about running on track. The larger, more important factor and one that we deal with on the TCR car is flow through the radiator because of it's position, the backside blockage restricts airflow and until that issue can be overcome it's going to be difficult. Getting hot air evacuated from the engine bay will help somewhat so look at a hood vent that has been proven to actually work.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, really would love a hood vent as well since I'm in Phoenix, but a lot of the replacement hoods are just obnoxiously gaudy, or just a plain replacement...nothing in-between!

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, really would love a hood vent as well since I'm in Phoenix, but a lot of the replacement hoods are just obnoxiously gaudy, or just a plain replacement...nothing in-between!
The scoop feeds into the aluminum plenum that's under the hood which guides the air to the back corners of the engine bay where the exit vents are behind the front wheel wells. Unlike the scoops in the WRX that is used to feed a top intercooler, the CTR scoop is designed to pull a negative pressure on the engine bay and pull hot air out of the vents the plenum feeds to. If the OEM design isn't pulling enough negative pressure then the scoop, plenum, and exit vents need to be larger. That said, it makes me wonder if the Euro models that come with the side plastic engine bay shrouds are limiting that air flow.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my CTR with one of the grill's in question. I put the red H's on and it does have the no logo PRL intercooler.

I got my grill from Pro Studio and the emblems from ICBmotorsports. The grill uses smaller H's. I had to use I believe the FD2 emblems.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay Grill Link Here - Beat Overheating or Just for Looks Pro Studio Grill.JPG

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Installed the Grill on my Civic today after receiving the emblem they shipped from China (for free) a couple hours of figuring stuff out, and its on!!. I'd say it was well worth it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ebay Grill Link Here - Beat Overheating or Just for Looks Civic Black Grill.JPG
Sponsored