Salespunk

First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Ram 2500, 328 Wagon
Country flag
Picked up my car Saturday. It was a relatively painless process except for having to call 10+ dealers to find one at sticker in Socal. Still had to play some games like letting them over charge me on the interest rate which will be refinanced later this month. All good though and one of my easier car buying experiences.

So how did I end up here? I was shopping for a car for my daughter to take to college and we settled on a Civic. When we went it to look at it there was a Type R in the showroom. Of course my mind went into overdrive on how I could shuffle cars around to get the Type R for myself and make sure she had a reliable car for school. Needless to say I figured it out and now the Type R is in my driveway.

On to the car itself. If you are on this forum you probably already know this, but it is a sublime vehicle. As I stated in another thread, this is not my first time at the rodeo. Have owned a lot of aspirational cars and for driving on the road this beats them all in terms of pure enjoyment. A lot of cars these days have become so quick and competent that they are appliances. You cannot get into the throttle in a GT3 or M5 for more than 2 or 3 seconds before you build serious speed. In addition you have to build serious cornering speed get a sense of excitement. For me this lead to a sense of frustration every time I drove one of my fast cars over the last few years.

The Type R on the other hand is is fun at any speed. Going to CVS is an event and you can get on the gas with out risking life, limb and license. Having grown up with GTI's and Corrado's I have a soft spot for fast hatches and this is the best I have ever driven. There is minimal torque steer and it one of the best balanced cars I have ever driven. The power is very well tuned with the chassis and everything comes together to be better than the sum of the parts. I have already done a few backroad runs with it and was astounded with my ability to keep up with the group. Getting in and going fast was just an absolute blast.

So what is there to complain about? Just the standard econobox stuff. No auto dimming rear mirror, low grade infotainment screen, lack of an analog volume knob. All minor quibbles and nothing that will keep me from enjoying every last ounce of this machine.

As you can probably tell I am in love with this car. I am enjoy the over the top looks and crazy red interior. Honda makes no apologies for what they have built and nor should they. Let me know if you have any specific questions and thanks for building a great community here.

A few pics from the first few days

On the showroom floor

Honda Civic 10th gen Early Observations from a New Owner 29669287897_ca883f5bf8_k 20180908_145328
by Sales Punk, on Flickr

Out for my first drive with my buddy in his GT3

Honda Civic 10th gen Early Observations from a New Owner 42797203730_12b2d05d26_k
20180909_073358 by Sales Punk, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen Early Observations from a New Owner 29669310267_768ba51300_k
20180909_073444 by Sales Punk, on Flickr

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own: ‘17 PMM CTR, 2013 White Honda Civic EX
Country flag
:thumbsup: Congrats. Welcome to the world of enjoyment we have been telling everyone about for the last year along with the incredible reviews. And best of all you got the right color:beer: