OP
GlahdoSI

GlahdoSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It’s kind of hit or miss. Some have issues, some don’t. I haven’t experienced any, yet. I do monitor everything and am in the process of e tuning with DRob. I am full bolt on with W1 turbo though. If you do it properly, it can be reliable.

By all means go with DRob custom tune. I’ve used all the Ktuner base maps (including W1, flexfuel, race maf), tsp1, tsp2 (both street and race). DRobs is by far the best. Can’t even compare, and we’re not even done yet.

Also, Honda has known issues with their direct injection injectors. Certain part numbers have extended warranties. Newer pilots and odyssey’s along with 16+ civics and 18+ accords. Not all of them though.
Not the first person to tell me about the injectors my buddy actually threw a rod at 30k mikes going to be doing mine next oil change at 18k rn on the Odom
Sponsored

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I haven't had any issues with my car and iv'e been running e85 on this car for the past 8-9 months or so.. I usually run a 35%-45% blend. I try not to go any higher than that but it has happened by accident cuz of my math lol. I do run at least a tank of 93 octane after filling up 2-3 back to back of e85, it's good to clear out all the ethanol from the lines. But overall I have no complaints on it.

OP
OP
GlahdoSI

GlahdoSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I haven't had any issues with my car and iv'e been running e85 on this car for the past 8-9 months or so.. I usually run a 35%-45% blend. I try not to go any higher than that but it has happened by accident cuz of my math lol. I do run at least a tank of 93 octane after filling up 2-3 back to back of e85, it's good to clear out all the ethanol from the lines. But overall I have no complaints on it.
? question wouldn’t the easiest way to fill up e85 be to just keep your car on and watch the tunerview app to see ethanol %?

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
? question wouldn’t the easiest way to fill up e85 be to just keep your car on and watch the tunerview app to see ethanol %?
No unfortunately. The ethanol takes a bit to mix in the first minute of driving.

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How would you calculate this?
Usually I fill up 5 gal of e85 and then 91 for the rest. You just get a feel for the balance.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How would you calculate this?
Actual equations are:

[gallons of E85 mix]*[percent concentration of E85] + [gallons of premium]*[percent concentration of premium] + [gallons left in tank]*[previous ethanol concentration percentage in tank] = [total tank capacity]*[final ethanol concentration desired]

and

[gallons of E85] + [gallons of premium] + [gallons left in tank] = [total tank capacity]

You can get gallons left from miles and average mpg since previous fill up. And also remember ratings at the pump vary, so having a testing kit helps.

Last edited:

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I wish it were that simple lol. It takes a minute or two of driving for the sensor to read the ethanol so I have to pre-calculate what goes into my tank before hand lol. My method is once my gas light comes on I have about 10gals of empty space in my tank. so I fill up on 93 first (so that way I minimize my chances of overfilling on e85) and then top the rest with e85. The ratio of 93 to E85 changes depending on how much or how little of a blend I want to run

Baseline_Si

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys im wondering if its worth taking a 20min drive for e85 before i buy the kit from sirimoto. Any ideas?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Okay my daily drive consist of 15 miles to work then another 15 back. Then about 21 miles to second job and then of course another 21 back. How long would you say the gas would last me?
Depends how you drive your car. You should only be putting roughly 4-4.5 gallons and the rest 91/93. If you’re driving habits are the same I would say you’d get roughly 15% worse fuel economy. It’s really not bad.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Okay my daily drive consist of 15 miles to work then another 15 back. Then about 21 miles to second job and then of course another 21 back. How long would you say the gas would last me?
I would get like 2 of these https://www.toolsid.com/midwest-can...o9h_Yt5dM_DFHf_1e_kvMtCqvs67fqZMaAvf9EALw_wcB

if you are worried about the distance and having to make frequent trips. The nearest E85 pump is like 40min from me so I take a 20gal drum with me to fill up when I go. When full itll last me 1-2 months depending on how aggressive I've been on the throttle.

Just make sure to store it away from any sources of moisture and keep it tightly sealed.

Baseline_Si

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I would get like 2 of these https://www.toolsid.com/midwest-can...o9h_Yt5dM_DFHf_1e_kvMtCqvs67fqZMaAvf9EALw_wcB

if you are worried about the distance and having to make frequent trips. The nearest E85 pump is like 40min from me so I take a 20gal drum with me to fill up when I go. When full itll last me 1-2 months depending on how aggressive I've been on the throttle.

Just make sure to store it away from any sources of moisture and keep it tightly sealed.
We shall see ill order the parts friday at the shop thatsgoing to install it
Sponsored