E85 for K20C2

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 6MT, 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8
Country flag
With how gas prices are going, I've been considering going E85 on my 2020 Sport sedan. I understand that fuel consumption is going to be worse but it's hard to argue with $3.85-3.99 for E85 vs $6.19+ for 91(even for 87 at some stations). I have a KTuner V2 already. I know I'll need to swap the fuel pump and injectors. I've been a mechanic for about 11 years working on cars, commercial trucks, and forklifts, so swapping parts out is no issue for me.

I have a few questions about going E85:

What injectors can I run?
What fuel pump is needed?
Is there a universal flex fuel sensor that can be recommended, or one that works with the KTuner V2?
Seeing as how E85 runs richer than gas(9.5 afr vs 14.7afr), is there an easy way to change the fuel map, or does everything need to be done individually (just take it to a Dyno shop)?

Thank you for any advise.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
There is no flex fuel support for the N.A. Civic. You're not able to swap different injectors in at this time and the factory ones won't handle what you're asking of them based on preliminary data.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
E85 went up in price too. You're not saving any money by converting over. Might feel like it after filling a tank but you're also filling up way more often too.

maktooperfect

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX-P coupe
Country flag
There is no flex fuel support for the N.A. Civic. You're not able to swap different injectors in at this time and the factory ones won't handle what you're asking of them based on preliminary data.
Any updates? we need more support for the 2.0s plz
Sponsored