E-Brake error

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Few infrequently (once a month if that), my car when I turn it off is fine but when I turn it back on it appears there was some type of e-break error and shows the red brake icon. I just generally toggle off and on the e-brake and everything is fine. This seems to happen randomly and with the e-brake only. Has anyone else experienced this ? It's not that big of a deal as I just toggle it, however; it appears to happen on it's own. The notice code says brake system error or something to that extent.
Sponsored

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Few infrequently (once a month if that), my car when I turn it off is fine but when I turn it back on it appears there was some type of e-break error and shows the red brake icon. I just generally toggle off and on the e-brake and everything is fine. This seems to happen randomly and with the e-brake only. Has anyone else experienced this ? It's not that big of a deal as I just toggle it, however; it appears to happen on it's own. The notice code says brake system error or something to that extent.
I had an e-brake error once, took to dealer, they did a software update, think it was part of a recall too...take a picture of the error on your screen with the date/time if possible, will be much easier to show them