E-Brake didn't disengage a single break?

Vrait

Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Has anyone else had only a single break lock up when disengaging the e-brake?
Yesterday I was leaving the house and my car felt like the rear bumper was stuck on a parking block. I walked backed there and was at least a foot away from the block.
Wheels looked clear, so I went back in and tried going again, and the car still wouldn't move and felt stuck. So I gave it more gas, and I finally felt the back right tire unlock. The feeling was clearly from the back right and I could tell the back left was free to move. Also the e-brake acted like it disengaged.

E-brake was disengaged and brake hold was off. It was only this one tire, and I was parked on a flat surface.

Advertisement

360glitch

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone else had only a single break lock up when disengaging the e-brake?
Yesterday I was leaving the house and my car felt like the rear bumper was stuck on a parking block. I walked backed there and was at least a foot away from the block.
Wheels looked clear, so I went back in and tried going again, and the car still wouldn't move and felt stuck. So I gave it more gas, and I finally felt the back right tire unlock. The feeling was clearly from the back right and I could tell the back left was free to move. Also the e-brake acted like it disengaged.

E-brake was disengaged and brake hold was off. It was only this one tire, and I was parked on a flat surface.
Have you talked to Honda about it yet?

OP
Vrait

Vrait

Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
No, as I figure this may just be a one time problem.

I also parked my car for a day after a wash. So that could have definitely been the cause. Though I wouldn't expect to lock up the way it did.