Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
I have a 2020 Honda Civic sport 1.5 Turbo, Can I put E85 inside my gas tank ? Also I have a couple questions about the CVT. I wanna do more horsepower to my civic but I've been hurt by some of the different people that CVT's are not good? I just want to know what I all I need to know about them if you guys don't mind telling me I'm kind of ignorant to it.
Sponsored

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To answer your question about e85, yes and NO. Technically, you can put in a gallon or two of e85 in to supplement 91 or 93 octane, but you shouldn't do much more than that. Between the injectors not being able to handle long-term high e85 usage and the concern about the Hatchback rods being weaker than the other L15s, you should definitely limit yourself to it.
Now, all of that is worthless to you if you aren't tuned, running a tune that can benefit from e85, such as Phearable 1.5R or related.
If you haven't already tuned and aren't concerned about warranty, I totally recommend it. Gtman's Tuned Experience and Reliability thread is a great resource for all things tuning, and how reliable it is. If you decide to tune, you should consider adding your car to the thread!

In terms of CVT longevity, it isn't so much the HP numbers as it is Torque, and HOW the torque comes in. If your tune is made to protect the CVT, you don't abuse the car (neglect cvt fluid changes, no burn outs, no brake boosting, no hard launching), you should be fine. Phearable 1.5R makes 270+ torque to the wheels, and after several thousand miles of running that tune I've had no issues. Past a tune, a CVT cooler should be on the list of mods you get.

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
To answer your question about e85, yes and NO. Technically, you can put in a gallon or two of e85 in to supplement 91 or 93 octane, but you shouldn't do much more than that. Between the injectors not being able to handle long-term high e85 usage and the concern about the Hatchback rods being weaker than the other L15s, you should definitely limit yourself to it.
Now, all of that is worthless to you if you aren't tuned, running a tune that can benefit from e85, such as Phearable 1.5R or related.
If you haven't already tuned and aren't concerned about warranty, I totally recommend it. Gtman's Tuned Experience and Reliability thread is a great resource for all things tuning, and how reliable it is. If you decide to tune, you should consider adding your car to the thread!

In terms of CVT longevity, it isn't so much the HP numbers as it is Torque, and HOW the torque comes in. If your tune is made to protect the CVT, you don't abuse the car (neglect cvt fluid changes, no burn outs, no brake boosting, no hard launching), you should be fine. Phearable 1.5R makes 270+ torque to the wheels, and after several thousand miles of running that tune I've had no issues. Past a tune, a CVT cooler should be on the list of mods you get.
Well I have a tune. I'm pushing 222 hp. I wanna be able to do a 2 step. But I have ti build the engine more. I also have a ktuner. But hey m
an I really appreciate it

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I have a tune. I'm pushing 222 hp. I wanna be able to do a 2 step. But I have ti build the engine more. I also have a ktuner. But hey m
an I really appreciate it
What tune are you running? I don't know much about 2-step but if it's like the GOD mode some tunes have, unless you go catless or buy a high performance downpipe/cat, you'll burn yours up.

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
What tune are you running? I don't know much about 2-step but if it's like the GOD mode some tunes have, unless you go catless or buy a high performance downpipe/cat, you'll burn yours up.
I have high performance greedy exhaust. It came with thr high performance cats. I've been trying to understand the point of having a down pipe. Other than a decree in turbo lag and louder sound. And why tf they are so expensive.

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
I have high performance greedy exhaust. It came with thr high performance cats. I've been trying to understand the point of having a down pipe. Other than a decree in turbo lag and louder sound. And why tf they are so expensive.
I got my tune from the dude who only does Hondas in Arlington Texas. This was before I got my ktuner. I'm honestly afraid to mess with the tuning.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP