Dyno Tuned with Flashpro for a safe tune.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
I mean no personal disrespect, but fellow CTR owners baffle me. The FK8 is not a remotely quick, but so much of the ownership base think it is. Even tuned, it's not quite within the reach of a new stock Camaro SS, so it sure as hell isn't catching a ZL1. A stock ZL1 puts down 570-580whp from the factory. That 750# means the CTR needs 500whp just to match it's peak numbers

It's not only far fetched, it's preposterous. My buddy has a ZL1 1LE, which is heavier and slightly slower in a straight line than a regular ZL1. My FK8 is tuned, larger IC, and full exhaust. My car is not detuned a little for safety like the OP's car.

My ZL1 buddy was being a bully one day after lunch, and his heavier stock 1LE put train lengths on my FK8. The acceleration difference is hilarious between these two cars. Trap speed in an indication of how fast a car is. Most full exhaust + tuned FK8s trap around 110mph.

The FK8 is at home on a racetrack. It needs to hide under the covers when out on the highways.
Yeah no stock turbo/fuel system Type R will come close to a ZL1 though I wouldn’t go as far to say that it should hide in the highways. It pretty handily destroys any other turbo 4 from a roll which is what we should be comparing it to
Sponsored

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Yeah no stock turbo/fuel system Type R will come close to a ZL1 though I wouldn’t go as far to say that it should hide in the highways. It pretty handily destroys any other turbo 4 from a roll which is what we should be comparing it to
My old Golf R and Evos would all smash my FBO CTR from a roll without even trying. The mkVII GTI with the right upgrades will embarrass the fastest FK8s in the world from a roll as well. But their aftermarkets are substantially more advanced, and all have stronger engine internals, affordable fueling solutions, and rev capacity. The FK8 is just okay on the highway in my book.

Last edited:
OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry, but fake badges or not trying. I have a friend with a ZL1. They trap 127mph. You’re about 200whp too low on that dyno to be able to beat one of those. :)
yeah, boosted asked if I had heard the Supercharger whine when he was next to me...I didn't...so fake one for sure.

We MAY have been going well above the trap speed, just fysa

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I got to say were i live we don't have to say were in mexico to do a roll , as others here say the zl1 blows the doors on a ctr thats true, now i had the chance to go with a zl1 from 2nd to 4th gear and all it had on me was about 2 car lengths by 4 gear so again not saying the zl1 isnt fast it has more power but to car lengths by 4 gear I'll say the ctr tuned is fast , and as for the evo and gulf r they would have to be dam well tuned to beat a tuned type r , mine only has a custom tune upgraded intercooler prl front pipe and intake everything else stock , i just got a great tuner and for those that dont believe well just come to puerto rico and you will se cars u wouldn't imagine beat muscle cars , here guys make cars go 10 sec 1/4 mile cars with junkyard parts
Sponsored