Dyno Tuned with Flashpro for a safe tune.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with you but can't blame them for locking their work. it's to stop "copy and paste" tuners.
like he said above, most tuners are going to have the files locked. It's as simple as contacting him and him making the changes though. At least that's how Drob does it. I tell him a % slip i want on my traction control and he changes it and gives it back.
Ah it doesn't sound like I can even do that. I think they want me to go there and have it done...which if they're busy...makes me wonder if I'll be charged. Eh...oh well. I'm on a/s tires right now anyway
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Ah it doesn't sound like I can even do that. I think they want me to go there and have it done...which if they're busy...makes me wonder if I'll be charged. Eh...oh well. I'm on a/s tires right now anyway
what. that would be dumb as hell. All they have to do is open up your calibration, make the changes you want done and then they email you the revised cal.

what are they gonna do once there are new features introduced on the flashpro. They want you to go back and drive down there everytime?

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what. that would be dumb as hell. All they have to do is open up your calibration, make the changes you want done and then they email you the revised cal.

what are they gonna do once there are new features introduced on the flashpro. They want you to go back and drive down there everytime?
Lol I hope not. I could have misunderstood them... we'll see. I just remember back in fa5 days we could get the calibration no problem.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Lol I hope not. I could have misunderstood them... we'll see. I just remember back in fa5 days we could get the calibration no problem.
the calibration isn't stored in your flashpro primary slot? That's usually the slot that it goes to when you upload to the car. unless they deleted it after they uploaded it onto the car.

i have access to my own calibration file. I just can't see anything nor change anything on the file lol.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the calibration isn't stored in your flashpro primary slot? That's usually the slot that it goes to when you upload to the car. unless they deleted it after they uploaded it onto the car.

i have access to my own calibration file. I just can't see anything nor change anything on the file lol.
yeah, wasn't there.

Long gone are the days of trust lol. They also mentioned the tuner doesn't like to give out the calibration because they've had moron's mess with his tune, blow their motor and blame him, lol

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ran up against a ZL1 Camero the other day...gave him quite the run for his money...surprised me. he couldn't catch up till way later...at a speed I don't want to say publicly lol.

Perhaps he had bad tires or it was a knock of Zl1 with badges and wing

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yeah, wasn't there.

Long gone are the days of trust lol. They also mentioned the tuner doesn't like to give out the calibration because they've had moron's mess with his tune, blow their motor and blame him, lol
surprised they went through actually deleting it off the flashpro lol.
anyways, if the calibration is locked, you can't see the values nor change anything without a password so i'm surprised they went that far lol.

also do you mean a camaro ss maybe? a ZL1 would BLOW the doors off of a CTR.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Ya see, I’m not interested in a locked private tune. I want to refine it as time goes by as I actively drive the car. When I pay for a tune I’m paying for the expertise helping me tuning.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
almost every tuner is going to have it locked.
Vitviper used locks his, Drob locks his, it's just a nature of the game. Your going to have people sharing tunes because they have the "same" mods and can lead to trouble and possible bad rep if something were to happen or another tuner will get their hand on that tune and pass it off as his work. (it's what i call copy paste tuners)

Now, most tuners WLL answer your questions regarding tuning and will usually touch up the tune if you send them a log if you feel something is off. Not to mention, this ECU is a much easier to tune compared to other ecus.
Drob has actually given me numerous revisions even after we were initially done. (due to my part since i've changed my intake, added an inlet pipe, charge pipes, and all that other bolt ons after i was initially done tuning)

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
I ran up against a ZL1 Camero the other day...gave him quite the run for his money...surprised me. he couldn't catch up till way later...at a speed I don't want to say publicly lol.

Perhaps he had bad tires or it was a knock of Zl1 with badges and wing
Sorry, but fake badges or not trying. I have a friend with a ZL1. They trap 127mph. You’re about 200whp too low on that dyno to be able to beat one of those. :)

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
Sorry, but fake badges or not trying. I have a friend with a ZL1. They trap 127mph. You’re about 200whp too low on that dyno to be able to beat one of those. :)
I’d agree from a dig. Tuned R vs stock ZL1, ~750# weight advantage and from a roll. Not too far fetched.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
I’d agree from a dig. Tuned R vs stock ZL1, ~750# weight advantage and from a roll. Not too far fetched.
I mean no personal disrespect, but fellow CTR owners baffle me. The FK8 is not a remotely quick, but so much of the ownership base think it is. Even tuned, it's not quite within the reach of a new stock Camaro SS, so it sure as hell isn't catching a ZL1. A stock ZL1 puts down 570-580whp from the factory. That 750# means the CTR needs 500whp just to match it's peak numbers

It's not only far fetched, it's preposterous. My buddy has a ZL1 1LE, which is heavier and slightly slower in a straight line than a regular ZL1. My FK8 is tuned, larger IC, and full exhaust. My car is not detuned a little for safety like the OP's car.

My ZL1 buddy was being a bully one day after lunch, and his heavier stock 1LE put train lengths on my FK8. The acceleration difference is hilarious between these two cars. Trap speed in an indication of how fast a car is. Most full exhaust + tuned FK8s trap around 110mph.

The FK8 is at home on a racetrack. It needs to hide under the covers when out on the highways.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I mean no personal disrespect, but fellow CTR owners baffle me. The FK8 is not a remotely quick, but so much of the ownership base think it is. Even tuned, it's not quite within the reach of a new stock Camaro SS, so it sure as hell isn't catching a ZL1. A stock ZL1 puts down 570-580whp from the factory. That 750# means the CTR needs 500whp just to match it's peak numbers

It's not only far fetched, it's preposterous. My buddy has a ZL1 1LE, which is heavier and slightly slower in a straight line than a regular ZL1. My FK8 is tuned, larger IC, and full exhaust. My car is not detuned a little for safety like the OP's car.

My ZL1 buddy was being a bully one day after lunch, and his heavier stock 1LE put train lengths on my FK8. The acceleration difference is hilarious between these two cars. Trap speed in an indication of how fast a car is. Most full exhaust + tuned FK8s trap around 110mph.

The FK8 is at home on a racetrack. It needs to hide under the covers when out on the highways.
Pretty sure everyone knows that the ZL1 bone stock will destroy the R in everything. Everyone makes mistakes, and hey maybe it was a ZL1 and the owner sneezed, accidentally tapping the pedal and made him jump to 120 mph.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
almost every tuner is going to have it locked.
Vitviper used locks his, Drob locks his, it's just a nature of the game. Your going to have people sharing tunes because they have the "same" mods and can lead to trouble and possible bad rep if something were to happen or another tuner will get their hand on that tune and pass it off as his work. (it's what i call copy paste tuners)

Now, most tuners WLL answer your questions regarding tuning and will usually touch up the tune if you send them a log if you feel something is off. Not to mention, this ECU is a much easier to tune compared to other ecus.
Drob has actually given me numerous revisions even after we were initially done. (due to my part since i've changed my intake, added an inlet pipe, charge pipes, and all that other bolt ons after i was initially done tuning)
I was just complaining.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Pretty sure everyone knows that the ZL1 bone stock will destroy the R in everything. Everyone makes mistakes, and hey maybe it was a ZL1 and the owner sneezed, accidentally tapping the pedal and made him jump to 120 mph.
LOL :rofl:
You have to agree though, there are a lot of people who feel this car is the best car the world has ever made...

I was just complaining.
yeah i understand. Just saying it so people don't get the idea that all tuners are just a one and done kinda guy.
Sponsored