Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
Meanwhile... Pretty sure this is the one I want. Who did you buy through? Not worried about slip joint, if it starts leaking I'm just gonna get it welded.

Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
Also, catted DP or non catted? I currently live in a state that doesn't have emissions, but that could change so I'm leaning more towards doing the catted one.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Honda_Elite

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru STI (Sold) / 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Added some new vids on the 1st page
Car sounds really good! you have any tuning done? or stock with just the catback? My part resonated system doesn't make the crackles and pops or at least I cant hear it from the cabin lol. Went with that option because I may go catless.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car sounds really good! you have any tuning done? or stock with just the catback? My part resonated system doesn't make the crackles and pops or at least I cant hear it from the cabin lol. Went with that option because I may go catless.
The videos that are more recent are with my ktuner stage 1. The dyno was not tuned and running on stock ecu

Last edited:

Honda_Elite

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru STI (Sold) / 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The videos that are more recent are with my ktuner stage 1. The dyno was not tuned and running on stock ecu
Thanks, did the tune create the crackles with the exhaust?

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, did the tune create the crackles with the exhaust?
nope, the crackles and pops were always there with this exhaust :) Especially on a cold start.

After it's warm, you only hear the pops/crackle/rumble at low rpms between shifts.

I love when I leave work...I park in a parking garage. I just hear the pops and crackles/rumble like crazy lol

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I don't see greddy having a problem including flanges in their 3" exhaust so that clearly isn't the issue:hmm: It's ridiculous that this exhaust is more than double the price of a competitor when it is using slip joints to hold the piping together. Enjoy the sound of exhaust leak! It's inevitable with any slip joint system
slip joints allow room for adjustments front to back. this helps align the bends in the exhaust and allows you to twist before install. Flanges do not allow any tolerance so if your exhaust is 1/4 from the frame and it rubs over bumps your beat. Plain and simple after 20 years of auto repair and modification. There is nothing wrongs with slip joints. They also make for easier disassembly. I personally prefer the newer style band clamps at joints as these are the easiest to assemble and disassemble. VW uses this style a lot.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Overall review? looks positive looking for a new exhaust as of right now.
It was a great exhaust and sounded mean...but it was too loud on the outside...not for me in the inside...just felt like it gave too much attention even when barely getting on the gas
Sponsored