First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just had a question for everyone I currently run dynamic balancing beads and all three of my motorcycles and my four-wheel-drive truck. I love the fact that you can run the beads and not have to have the ugly wheel weights on your car. Has anyone run them on the Honda Civic with a lower profile tires? And has anybody heard or had any issues with the dynamic balance and beats getting stuck or causing issues with the TPS sensors?

Also if anybody is interested in running them in their motorcycles or other vehicles here’s a link to the website where I buy mine they are high-quality and they work really well.

https://checkeredflagtirebalancebeads.com/tire-charts/
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Depends on how big of an imbalance you need to correct... Right?
You can balance the wheels themselves separately, and then the bends will only have to correct for the tire's imbalance.
That's how I did it with my motorcycles.
Never used them in cars.
The taller the tire, the better they work. Because the beads are further from the axle where they're weight has greater balancing effect.

OP
OP
D4nnyM

D4nnyM

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Depends on how big of an imbalance you need to correct... Right?
You can balance the wheels themselves separately, and then the bends will only have to correct for the tire's imbalance.
That's how I did it with my motorcycles.
Never used them in cars.
The taller the tire, the better they work. Because the beads are further from the axle where they're weight has greater balancing effect.
No actually it’s a set amount of ounces per tire size. They work awesome on my bikes and my 4x4 truck. I just don’t want to screw up my tps sensors lol.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
There aren't sensors in the wheel, it's measuring rotation speed. That said, never seen this on a road car. They make black stick-on weights too that you'll never see behind the OEM 20 SI wheels.

OP
OP
D4nnyM

D4nnyM

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There aren't sensors in the wheel, it's measuring rotation speed. That said, never seen this on a road car. They make black stick-on weights too that you'll never see behind the OEM 20 SI wheels.
TPS ( tire pressure sensor ) sorry guess I should have said TWPS. I’ll do some research. Just thought I’d ask.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
TPS ( tire pressure sensor ) sorry guess I should have said TWPS. I’ll do some research. Just thought I’d ask.
What's TWPS? The TPMS in our vehicles is definitely do indirectly. That is there is no tire pressure sensor in the wheel, rather it gauges differences in tire pressure by wheel speed using the ABS system. The main theory being that a wheel that spins faster/slower than the others has it's tire pressure off.

OP
OP
D4nnyM

D4nnyM

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's TWPS? The TPMS in our vehicles is definitely do indirectly. That is there is no tire pressure sensor in the wheel, rather it gauges differences in tire pressure by wheel speed using the ABS system. The main theory being that a wheel that spins faster/slower than the others has it's tire pressure off.
Ahhh thanks. Don’t I feel stupid lol

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No actually it’s a set amount of ounces per tire size. They work awesome on my bikes and my 4x4 truck. I just don’t want to screw up my tps sensors lol.
Our wheels don't have TPMS sensors ... the TPMS operates on an algorithm that compares the rotational speed of each wheel ... and if it senses what it considers an significant difference, it will alert you that there is a tire going flat. Quite the nifty tech, in my opinion.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just had a question for everyone I currently run dynamic balancing beads and all three of my motorcycles and my four-wheel-drive truck. I love the fact that you can run the beads and not have to have the ugly wheel weights on your car. Has anyone run them on the Honda Civic with a lower profile tires? And has anybody heard or had any issues with the dynamic balance and beats getting stuck or causing issues with the TPS sensors?

Also if anybody is interested in running them in their motorcycles or other vehicles here’s a link to the website where I buy mine they are high-quality and they work really well.

https://checkeredflagtirebalancebeads.com/tire-charts/
One thing to keep in mind, is that the wheels have a device attached to the wheel, that helps reduce road noise ... and these beads may interfere with how well it works.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
One thing to keep in mind, is that the wheels have a device attached to the wheel, that helps reduce road noise ... and these beads may interfere with how well it works.
First I've heard of this. Where can I find more information about the device attached to the wheel?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag