DW300c low pressure fuel pump

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Has anyone tried the DW300c fuel pump and logged the fuel pump duty cycle data? Per DW, the DW300c provides 62% more flow than the factory pump, but the actual increase at the high pressure fuel pump will be something less. I realize there's a $2,800 kit from, but not everyone is interested in big power nor do they want to spend over $3k+ with labor.

If the DW300c can increase the high pressure side even by a little, that may be worth $180. With a 93 base tune, the fuel pump is already hitting 90% duty cycle.
Sponsored

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
I’ve ran it but I didn’t log anything sadly. My original pump had failed so I decided to upgrade and get the 300c I installed it and I guess the voltage was off or something because the pump wouldn’t send enough fuel making the car cut off at about 4k rpm and sometimes I would stall at idle. I eventually gave up on it and got another oem pump

OP
OP

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I’ve ran it but I didn’t log anything sadly. My original pump had failed so I decided to upgrade and get the 300c I installed it and I guess the voltage was off or something because the pump wouldn’t send enough fuel making the car cut off at about 4k rpm and sometimes I would stall at idle. I eventually gave up on it and got another oem pump
Was there something faulty on your specific DW300c? I thought these pumps were more or less plug and play.

Also, there's a recall for 17-19 pumps, so I guess I'm not surprised your OEM pump failed.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Was there something faulty on your specific DW300c? I thought these pumps were more or less plug and play.

Also, there's a recall for 17-19 pumps, so I guess I'm not surprised your OEM pump failed.
I don’t know if mine was faulty or not I’ll find out when it goes in my integra. And yeah I know about the recall

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Giving it more thought. What if the oem fuel pump amperage rating fuse was lower than what the dw300c pump needed and it just needed a fuse change to work properly?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't have it in our FK8 but did put it in our SI and it works well.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How did it effect the duty cycle?
Seems to be people are upgrading it just so do it. No data has been posted to suggest the stock pump isn't good enough.

I actually have a pressure sensor on my feed and it drops to about 76-78 under WOT and only looses 1 psi by red line.. E70 and efr on 26-27 psi.

gasoline cars should never need a upgraded pump or even ethanol blends on stock turbos.

Last edited:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did it effect the duty cycle?
Helped it out quite a bit. We began having intermittent issues with the stock pump. OUr logs would show random drops in pressure which we could trace back to the in-tank pump. We are much more consistent now.

2020CTR

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type R
Country flag
I’m running fbo with meth And my fuel duty is at 100% , do you think this fuel pump upgrade will help it.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m running fbo with meth And my fuel duty is at 100% , do you think this fuel pump upgrade will help it.
see the comment above your post, hes describing your stuation.. and it should help it, keeping a high pressure, or even raising the pressure will let the high pressure pump flow a little more

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag

Mprice504

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Did that work? I’m having the same issue and I thinkits the DW300 failing.
Sponsored