Dust Buildup on Trunk Ledge

RL - NJ

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Boost Blue Type-R, 13' 3.8 Genesis Coupe (RIP)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi! I'm pretty sure having dust buildup on the Type-R's trunk ledge is "normal." I just wanted to ask if there are ways to lessen it because it causes a lot of swirls just sitting there because of the super-thin Civic paint. Thanks!
(I also don't like the way pre-cut PPF looks because dirt builds up on the edges)
Sponsored

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Dust just sitting on paint shouldn't cause swirls unless you're agitating it in some way during washing. It does get dirty pretty quick though.......my GTI got filthy in the same place too.

I have a decent amount of PPF on other parts of the car and can't notice it unless I go up very close to the edges. The new stuff is really good, especially if installed by someone who knows what they're doing.

But a nice ceramic coat + proper washing should keep any part of the car looking good swirl-free without a ton of effort.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Are you looking to prevent it? That would require changing the aerodynamics of the car, right?

OP
OP
RL - NJ

RL - NJ

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Boost Blue Type-R, 13' 3.8 Genesis Coupe (RIP)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Are you looking to prevent it? That would require changing the aerodynamics of the car, right?
No, it would be nice though! I guess the only thing to do is to clean it because, after a couple of drives, there is always dust build-up.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
No, it would be nice though! I guess the only thing to do is to clean it because, after a couple of drives, there is always dust build-up.
if its just a light coat of dust, they make dusters for cars. I have one, but I haven't used it much.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Could try ceramic coating the trunk. Adds a protective layer that's easy to clean.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
I have found that if you don't drive the car it won't get dust on the rear bumper cover...😜
Sponsored