slowride

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Agree, but you have to BUY IT $$$!
The dealer I lease from will also broker the deal if I sell it, for a small fee. It's not a big deal and that way I don't actually purchase or take possession of my own car at any point really. You could fly right to my city, meet me at the dealer and drive away with the car financed through them, etc. Lots of ways to do it but that is a super easy one.
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
How many of you have downsized to 1 car between you and your significant other? Both of us WFH full time and will be for the foreseeable future. My R is literally just a fun car. I drive a different car when I have to commute.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How many of you have downsized to 1 car between you and your significant other? Both of us WFH full time and will be for the foreseeable future. My R is literally just a fun car. I drive a different car when I have to commute.
I downsized but only because my RAV4 shit itself and I wasnā€™t dumping money into it. Now theres not enough space for a second car on the driveway.

Newcivwhodis

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R Boost blue
Country flag
My car has 11 months to go on lease and I have put 300 miles on it since 3/20. I was thinking about simply selling it and not worrying about payment and insurance since I don't need a car until at least Q1 of 2021 and maybe later since I can work from home pretty much full time anyway now.

Anyone in a similar situation?
I just bought mine in may and I make payments on the reg but I mean thereā€™s nothing that would force me to let the car go. Covid wonā€™t last forever if weā€™re lucky itā€™s gonna be better by December. About 4 months away if itā€™s taxing on your bills and itā€™s hard to keep up with I understand but youā€™ll regret losing that badge. New model looks garbage anyways.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
My car has 11 months to go on lease and I have put 300 miles on it since 3/20. I was thinking about simply selling it and not worrying about payment and insurance since I don't need a car until at least Q1 of 2021 and maybe later since I can work from home pretty much full time anyway now.

Anyone in a similar situation?
I've had mine since January 2020, have put about 5k miles on it in that time... Not a lease, I bought it. I'm WFH until at least 1/2021, if not permanently. Bought it as an upgrade from my Si, I'm obviously not driving it nearly as much as I'd planned but when I have free time during the week or on the weekend I absolutely go out and toss it around. Personally - making time to toss this ridiculous car around is the best stress relief I have right now. If you can come out ahead by selling it / breaking the lease then that's up to you. My advice, go for a long drive, at least a fuel tank full, drive the wheels off it, have some fun and see if you still want to sell it.

I was dead set on selling my motorcycle last year, barely rode it, paid it off to make the sale easier, then I decided to take it out for a day... It's still in my garage because (at least when the temp is < 90F) I hit the road on it.

I plan to keep my 2019 indefinitely (unless my dealer can get me in on a pre-order for the Limited Edition :spaz:).

RobC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2020 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Country flag
I am working from home as well. I sold my Hellcat since it was just sitting there and put a deposit on a CTR for delivery in the fall. The latest is that we may be WFH through next summer. I decided to cancel the deposit for now and see what's up for the spring.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
Maybe more extreme examples, but two of my best friends both either WFH or able to walk to work so their Porsches are strictly fun mobiles (GT4 and 992 Carrera S). Neither of them are RICH rich so the monthly payments do hurt, but the occasional fun drives makes it all worthwhile. Youā€™ve got to decide if the Type R is fun enough and tugs at the heartstrings enough to keep.

Personally, Iā€™d love to be able to work from home, and keep the Type R (donā€™t have one yet, awaiting 2021 LE).

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
WFH has actually made me feel better about purchasing a CTR. It was a borderline impractical purchase to begin with; 60 miles per day commute, living in an area with HARSH winters and parking it in an open lot.

Now I can drive it when I want to. ..and have I made excuses to just go for a drive? Absolutely.

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
That sucks. I was in the same situation. Jump the gun and sell now or hold out. I wanted to keep the car but it really doesn't suit my current life style. Seeing all the new mods. coming out for the car is a +, but then again what's practical? Owner of 18' CW CTR.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am leasing my 2020 Hatchback Sport and I am now WFH for the rest of year and possibly into next year. I got my car late Nov. 2019 and I only have about 5,400-5,500 miles on it at this time. The dealership has been sending me emails about changing the oil but it is only at 30% oil usage at this time. Now I just take it for fun drives in the surrounding areas on the weekends. So I figure the mileage will be really low when the lease comes to an end unless I go on a cross country trip.;) :cool:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks. I was in the same situation. Jump the gun and sell now or hold out. I wanted to keep the car but it really doesn't suit my current life style. Seeing all the new mods. coming out for the car is a +, but then again what's practical? Owner of 18' CW CTR.
If I could have 2 cars, the CTR would be perfect. I canā€™t anymore because thereā€™s no room on the driveway. Lately Iā€™ve just needed something easy and comfortable to drive while my health isnā€™t 100% and thatā€™s where I wish I had my RAV4 still. Sometimes I just get into a mood where I just need something to get me to my next appointment and not have to worry about someone dinging the thing in a parking lot or shifting gears. Another thing that has me contemplating is knowing there will be an 11th gen could allow me come back later on.

But since the interest rates are pretty damn high right now, not only does refi not make sense but neither does trading in unless I downgrade into something with a much lower purchase price.

Samurai999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05ā€™ Sti, ā€˜20 Type R
Country flag
For me, having my CTR is a lot of fun even in covid. I go out on errands from home and make other excuses to go out and drive it. I swap once in a while with my ā€˜05 Sti (since I donā€™t want the battery to drain) but itā€™s my daily fun/commuter car.

In NorCal, the roads are, in general, freed up (compared to pre covid) to the point where I can drive and enjoy the car instead of fuming in traffic daily on the way to work. I just wish the roads were in better condition.

We buy cars like these to enjoy driving from point A to B. If you feel that the car like this is being a burden or not fun anymore, then that is the time to look for a trade in especially if you are leasing or have payments.

My $0.02.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
We buy cars like these to enjoy driving from point A to B.
If I'm not pressed for time or have a trunk full of perishables I always take the long way to places. Sure I burn more gas but it's offset by not having to commute to work .

android_fk7

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch, 2004 Acura TSX
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as you. I have a 2017 Civic Sport 6mt with a few mods as my weekend car, a 2004 TSX 6mt, an Element, and a Ruckus. My wife and I now both permanently work at home. The Civic is the only car with a payment, and honestly we are thinking of selling it and just keeping the TSX & Element.
Sponsored