First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m not leasing my car, just financed it and I’m working from home full time as well. It has its advantages and disadvantages but I haven’t driven much since I got my car during this whole pandemic! lol at first I thought I was making irrational decision trading in my Suv I had but honestly after seeing my interest rate dropped from 11.75% to 7.19% I was shocked.

Yeah my insurance went up a little and my car payment went up by $200 but I’m burning less gas in my car than buying it lol.

depending on your area, if everything is walkable distance or bike friendly, I would say yeah, get rid of it and save yourself the money but what do I know? ??‍♀ Lol
do what you think is better for you overall
Sponsored

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I downgraded the annual miles on my insurance. Didn't do much to the premium. Insurance in Philly is expensive as hell, and there's a bunch of mouth breathers that are uninsured or under-insured with little/no reportable income to go after if they wreck you.

Sell the R and get a vespa?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks but I was referring to the "should have bought a house" thing
Oh I forgot about that too, but ironically personal events that happened last year would’ve made owning a house very difficult. Still, it’s just a joke I use. I will be in the market for something in the somewhat near future.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
No, but I'm not sure how you can sell a car you don't own.
You can buy it first then sell it. I mean, the cost to buy this thing at the end of the lease is more than likely less than what he can sell it for, I'm assuming.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You can buy it first then sell it. I mean, the cost to buy this thing at the end of the lease is more than likely less than what he can sell it for, I'm assuming.
OP spoke of selling it now, and is contemplating not having payments, etc. Didn't provide any other details (Open-/closed-end lease, purchase price option, …)

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
OP spoke of selling it now, and is contemplating not having payments, etc, Didn't provide any other details (Open-/closed-end lease, purchase price option, …)
Hey, I have no idea what he meant either lol... just making an assumption and answering your question. Maybe he'll chime in.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
I am working from home for the foreseeable but to be honest looking out the window, knowing I’ve got the R is one of life’s little joys at the moment. I couldn’t imagine being without it and it would be the last thing to go, even the the other half before my civic!

Reading the ops and other comments is completely alien to me, making me question why your even on a car enthusiast forum! But everyone is different and I do respect that.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
If you can afford to keep the car, you should keep it and put some more miles on it! All the miles on your car would be pure fun and not wasted on simple commuter miles, if you do have some nice roads or anything like that. Even if you do decide to sell, at least enjoy the car some more while you can

OP
OP
slowride

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
OP you need to read your lease and figure out what your options are. FWIW, "taking over payments" is VERY rare and very few lenders are okay with it.
The lease has a buyout, and Honda doesn't give two shits what you do with the car after you buy it.