Due to forced Work at Home until 3/21 - thinking of selling my Type-R

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
OP may not live somewhere with ready access to great driving roads.

I started a new job where I work from home in September, so the covid restrictions have barely affected me.

I've been using my Si to go for recreational drives for a break in the middle of the work day when there's no traffic, but I also have access to awesome roads minutes away.

I've also upped my weekend/day off driving game to go seek out the super amazing and challenging roads within a few hours of where I live.

My commuter turned into a pure recreational vehicle, and I couldn't be without it.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Nah, cuz when you do need a car later in 2021 you'll regret not having this one imo

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP may not live somewhere with ready access to great driving roads.
Pretty much me. I have to drive at least an hour away to find back roads that have more than one or two curvy bits. Everywhere else is just suburban streets or neighborhood roads with low speed limits

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Do you enjoy it as a "fun" car? If it's merely a tool to commute yea then get rid of it.

Any car you buy will have the same issue of sitting in the garage now that you can work from home full time. The question is do you enjoy driving enough to let a fun car sit and make payments on it?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Random drives is how I put the miles on that I did. I do enjoy the car when I drive it, but it is a lot of car for commute use, that is for sure lol
That's funny, my random rides put that many miles on my car in 3-5 days.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My car has 11 months to go on lease and I have put 300 miles on it since 3/20. I was thinking about simply selling it and not worrying about payment and insurance since I don't need a car until at least Q1 of 2021 and maybe later since I can work from home pretty much full time anyway now.

Anyone in a similar situation?
How many miles on the car? If it's as low as I can assume, this is a waste of a lease. You could have gotten buy with a used Corolla haha

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you kind of want to sell but aren’t in a rush, keep it clean... and keep enjoying it for the occasional drive and post it at a price in the high end of the market. Screen out low ballers and take what you want w/o being in a rush to sell. I have 4 vehicles for different tasks in a family with only 2 drivers... and when I go out to sea, I’ll drop off the face of the Earth for a few months here and 2 out of 4 will be virtually unused in the time. If it’s not worth it to keep the car... let her go. I’d get a 5th car if I could convince the boss of it... because if I could convince her of 5.... I’m pretty sure I could stretch it to 6. At least.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's funny, my random rides put that many miles on my car in 3-5 days.
I usually do like 100-150 miles on my random rides..used to be once per week

Any car you buy will have the same issue of sitting in the garage now that you can work from home full time. The question is do you enjoy driving enough to let a fun car sit and make payments on it?
Not gonna lie, seeing my CTR sit in my driveway for 2 weeks thinking about how much I pay for it every month was what made me start questioning it. My average miles driven was around 800-1000 pre Rona, now it’s down to roughly 350 a month (May I put double that because I went on longer trips, but my body doesn’t seem to like those).

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I usually do like 100-150 miles on my random rides..used to be once per week

Not gonna lie, seeing my CTR sit in my driveway for 2 weeks thinking about how much I pay for it every month was what made me start questioning it. My average miles driven was around 800-1000 pre Rona, now it’s down to roughly 350 a month (May I put double that because I went on longer trips, but my body doesn’t seem to like those).
I'm at 53k+ on my Si in about 25 months. I drive the crap out of my car. Wish I had a 2nd vehicle but it's not exactly in the budget right now. I couldn't fathom owning an R and never driving it lol

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm at 53k+ on my Si in about 25 months. I drive the crap out of my car. Wish I had a 2nd vehicle but it's not exactly in the budget right now. I couldn't fathom owning an R and never driving it lol
Just under 29K at 28 months now for me. I was racking up miles in the first year, then it slowed in the second, and now its slowed pretty significantly.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just under 29K at 28 months now for me. I was racking up miles in the first year, then it slowed in the second, and now its slowed pretty significantly.
Nice signature lol

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice signature lol
Yeaaaaaa forgot about it lol, when the 28th month hit I was stuck lying on my ass due to whatever mysterious illness possessed me (and I STILL have minor GI issues and muscle aches from it!).

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeaaaaaa forgot about it lol, when the 28th month hit I was stuck lying on my ass due to whatever mysterious illness possessed me (and I STILL have minor GI issues and muscle aches from it!).
That sucks but I was referring to the "should have bought a house" thing

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
depending on what happens in the next few months I might also be in the market for a house. At that point i'll question keeping the CTR as well. The situation is fluid.
Sponsored