Due to forced Work at Home until 3/21 - thinking of selling my Type-R

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
My car has 11 months to go on lease and I have put 300 miles on it since 3/20. I was thinking about simply selling it and not worrying about payment and insurance since I don't need a car until at least Q1 of 2021 and maybe later since I can work from home pretty much full time anyway now.

Anyone in a similar situation?
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Pretty much, I had no plans to keep it forever at least.
I would say, just go on random drives to enjoy the car... but in your case, might be better off to get rid of it. Buy something new and (hopefully) improved once youā€™ll be able to drive more often.

OP
OP
slowride

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Random drives is how I put the miles on that I did. I do enjoy the car when I drive it, but it is a lot of car for commute use, that is for sure lol

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
:hmm: I haven't been going to work at all since I bought this car (2.5+ years ago) and I would never even think of being without a car.

Last edited:

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
I'm WFH but in my case it's the complete opposite. I've been using the time to add parts to mine. Then again, I'm not leasing so that might have something to do with it. Does OP not leave the house like ever?

OP
OP
slowride

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I'm WFH but in my case it's the complete opposite. I've been using the time to add parts to mine. Then again, I'm not leasing so that might have something to do with it. Does OP not leave the house like ever?
My wife goes to the office 1-2 times a week and picks up anything we need. There was a stretch where I didn't leave the property for 23 days. Even if I was financed vs lease I would feel the same.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car has 11 months to go on lease and I have put 300 miles on it since 3/20. I was thinking about simply selling it and not worrying about payment and insurance since I don't need a car until at least Q1 of 2021 and maybe later since I can work from home pretty much full time anyway now.

Same boat. No longer need to commute to work due to Covid. Sold the car and didnā€™t look back. You can always buy the new version a year or two down the road. Itā€™s a waste to let it sit. Let it go to a better home whoā€™ll enjoy the car. It belongs on the road.

OP
OP
slowride

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Same boat. No longer need to commute to work due to Covid. Sold the car and didnā€™t look back. You can always buy the new version a year or two down the road. Itā€™s a waste to let it sit. Let it go to a better home whoā€™ll enjoy the car. It belongs on the road.
Did you sell it private party or?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you sell it private party or?
Privately sold after listing here for 24 hours. There's still a market for this car. Time is money.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Random drives is how I put the miles on that I did. I do enjoy the car when I drive it, but it is a lot of car for commute use, that is for sure lol
How Iā€™m feeling too. Im WFH until maybe December, possibly later. Maybe putting like 400-500 miles a month if Iā€™m lucky. I used to put 3-4x that on my car in a month.

And, now with my body aches being transient I canā€™t really enjoy drives like I used to, and my doctor warned the inflammation could be chronic, not enough to hamper mobility but enough to at least be a constant nuisance.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag

even though youā€™re in a lease you can still
ā€˜Trade it inā€™ you prob would make some
$ on it
Depends on state n your lease dealers might save more than you would then get in something cheap till pandemic ends.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
If anything the forced work from home makes me drive the R for pleasure rather than necessity.

You don't have to be in a hurry, you can just find a nice back road and carve it up, if someone wants to be slow up front, you can just wait for some distance and still enjoy some curves. Maybe take an evening road trip, I know there are drive-ins opening back up all over the place too! Good for a date night.
Sponsored