Rowdy444

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone has found a good duckbill spoiler for 10th gen civic sedan …. I found a few but they were made out of plastic and had to be taped on…. Im trynna find at least a bolt on so it doesnt go flying off
Sponsored

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
I was interested in a bolt on duck bill as well. But couldn't find anything, finally picked the mugen wing instead.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I decided to try one of the tape on style from ebay, cheap enough it won't hurt too much if it doesn't work out. Not a fan of the Si spoiler mount, though, decided to cover up all the mounting holes with a piece of ABS plastic and hope the look grows on me. Had to dremel a slot and put a small mx bike brake light in it with epoxy, haven't seen too many spoilers I like with a light built in.

At this point it's been on for... about eight hours, so I can't speak to long term stability, but I used a ton of tape so not terribly worried about it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Duckbill spoiler?? 20210915_185348

Honda Civic 10th gen Duckbill spoiler?? 20210915_185355

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
I decided to try one of the tape on style from ebay, cheap enough it won't hurt too much if it doesn't work out. Not a fan of the Si spoiler mount, though, decided to cover up all the mounting holes with a piece of ABS plastic and hope the look grows on me. Had to dremel a slot and put a small mx bike brake light in it with epoxy, haven't seen too many spoilers I like with a light built in.

At this point it's been on for... about eight hours, so I can't speak to long term stability, but I used a ton of tape so not terribly worried about it.

20210915_185348.jpg

20210915_185355.jpg
Crazy, I was just looking at these yesterday to see if anyone did them on a sedan and added a light. anything to note and how did you approach adding the light?

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I ordered a light from Amazon, which turned out to be smaller than I thought. But, the space available inside the spoiler turned out to be fairly tight, so it worked out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SLLK44G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used a dremel cutoff wheel to rough out the hole in the back, and also a hole underneath for the factory light plug to pass through. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of those steps, but I used some small files to clean up the edges and bevel the rear opening so the light was at the right angle. Hardware store epoxy to seal the light in.

I was more worried about covering the factory mounting holes than about the light, at least to make it not look like a total hack job. Made a cardboard template using the base of the factory spoiler as the front border, and once that was cut, put it on the car and traced the rear of the trunk lid for the rear border. Freehand shaping to clear the brake lights, they're covered by the duckbill.

Once the ABS sheet was cut (dremel again), a hole drilled for the factory light plug to pass through, and stuck on with mounting tape, I used a heat gun to soften the plastic and form it to the contours at the sides. Pretty sure I closed the gaps between tape sections well enough to seal it against rain, and no tape where the wires run so they don't get pinched. If there's a leak anyways, it will likely be where the wire grommet used to be, but I can probably seal that with more mounting tape if it turns into a problem.
Sponsored