Drove A Sport Hatchback Today..Polished Metal

dephcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic Sedan LX-G, 2017 Civic Hatch Sport Sensing (pending)
Just placed an order for a Sport Sensing (Canada) in WOP, first Sport order in my region. :D

Hoping to get it December, but they're just guessing as they aren't being built yet.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as you. I like the Mazda but beyond handling, it's not as good as the Civic as an overall package. The refreshed 2017 Kia Forte 5 SX turbo seems promising but it's not out yet. Same with the upcoming Elantra Sport turbo. I was interested in the new Impreza until I saw the weak power numbers. I was thinking about a GTI but VW scares me a bit on reliability. Ultimately, I'm probably going to get an EX hatch. Not a huge fan of CVT's but I just don't think I'd be happy with the missing features on the Sport. I keep my cars for a long time and this will be my daily driver.
I drive so many miles I might only have the car 3-4 years, otherwise yeah, an EX or Sport Touring would be the way to go. You might hate the lack of features.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
So cute, that color is just screaming for mods!!!

bsirk3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EXL with sensing Ordered.
FYI, Keeler Honda is showing a Sport on their website. I haven't seen it (I'm not looking for a Sport).

I was just at Saratoga Honda last night and they still have only those same two hatches you mentioned.

Let me know if you see a Sonic Gray Pearl EXL anywhere around here.
I'm not looking for a sport either, definitely an EXl or possibly a touring. I'm curious about the sonic gray pearl myself, originally I thought it looked like primer, but some have mentioned it used green pearls. I'm waiting for sensing so I have time to decide on color, would make life easier if I could see them all together!

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Anyone have good interior pics of a Sport hatchback at any dealers? Curious about dash, lighted up and interior hatch space. In the specs it lists less hatch space with the center exhaust sport models. Thanks.

07Civic200K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic EX coupe
Those huge fake vents on the front and back honestly kill it for me. Notice how the vents get bigger and bigger when you go Sedan < Coupe < Hatchback? I don't notice it as much on the other two, but on the Hatchback they're just ridiculous. I thought about it the other day when I saw a new Mazda 3 hatch. No huge vents in front or back. Same with VW Golf. So why does Honda do it? It just looks cheap and tacky. And why on the back? It's pointless.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It may sound crazy but does Honda do it to save costs? After all, no paint is needed and those vents take up a lot of real estate.

07Civic200K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic EX coupe
It may sound crazy but does Honda do it to save costs? After all, no paint is needed and those vents take up a lot of real estate.
It may save some money on paint, but I think they do it more as a design choice. If the fake vents weren't there, then there would be a large blank space between the bottom of the bumper and the tail lights. So they do it to break up the space and make the bumper appear to not be so large. Still, I would prefer a larger painted space instead tacky fake vents. This thing looks like it drove through a Pep Boys.

You're not crazy for thinking something so small could be done for cost savings. Think about the little carbon vinyl strip they put down the middle of the leather seats. It's clearly not a design choice, because there isn't a hint of carbon anywhere else in the car. I think they do that because it saves on leather, plus it means the rest of the seat is made of smaller pieces of leather. Smaller pieces of leather are cheaper because there's less waste.

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
Once you get snow/ice in that fake plastic grille, bang! broken bumpers.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Country flag
What do you all think about the big vents of the C class? (Execution wise is better, nevertheless they are big!)

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any noticeable difference in power between the LX and Sport that you can remember? That's assuming they put premium gas in the Sport, but I wouldn't think 6hp would make much of a difference.
I drove an EX-T Hatch the other day. Compared to my 2016 the Hatch was noticeably more responsive from a dead start and to sudden power changes.

I think it has to be a tweaking of the software to make the CVT more responsive. The engine seemed to behave just like mine, but the power got to the wheels quicker.

If anyone hasn't driven either car, the 2017 CVT is essentially indistinguishable from a conventional automatic in terms of how it moves the car, but it's smoother.

I also drove an LX Coupe (2016). The 2.0 is smooth, but it seems underpowered after the 1.5.

Hope that helps.

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
I drove an EX-T Hatch the other day. Compared to my 2016 the Hatch was noticeably more responsive from a dead start and to sudden power changes.

I think it has to be a tweaking of the software to make the CVT more responsive. The engine seemed to behave just like mine, but the power got to the wheels quicker.

If anyone hasn't driven either car, the 2017 CVT is essentially indistinguishable from a conventional automatic in terms of how it moves the car, but it's smoother.

I also drove an LX Coupe (2016). The 2.0 is smooth, but it seems underpowered after the 1.5.

Hope that helps.
Can they reprogram you CVT like they did the 2015/16 CRVs? Maybe software updates came out in the past year?

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring

Hope that helps.

EX-T hatch? not sure which trim level you're talking about because the hatch does not have Ex-t as an option
Sponsored