Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This data tells me that a GC going uphill (1°, with a hair "rough" shifting according to speed & g forces) goes basically door to door with the R365 on flat ground with butter smooth shifts (Not to mention it pulls on a W2 similar conditions). Color me impressed. I'd love to see the extra headroom from the GC+ here.
I can say for sure it would pull on the r365 on top end, as well as comes in much sooner and responds faster when shifting. *With 93 on my car lol. Cannot say for any other situation.
Sponsored

TheDeliSauce

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I can say for sure it would pull on the r365 on top end, as well as comes in much sooner and responds faster when shifting. *With 93 on my car lol. Cannot say for any other situation.
I'm pretty excited about my decision, & it gets better the more info & comparisons trickle in. Hoping to put some numbers & figure out this monster's limits as I continue building the SI.

Honda Civic 10th gen Drop in turbo upgrade 2023-02-23 VTT GC- Angle

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm pretty excited about my decision, & it gets better the more info & comparisons trickle in. Hoping to put some numbers & figure out this monster's limits as I continue building the SI.

2023-02-23 VTT GC- Angle.jpg
Thats awesome to hear and you should be excited!

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
the biggest thing you miss out on from a drop-in to a prl big turbo kit with the garrett turbo is the turbo spool whistle. its addicting. :)
Cause gtx gen 2 have an anti surge compressor housing which makes a nice sound when the turbo is spooling. Imagine sending the turbo to a shop to do a t51r mod which makes the spool even louder. Kinda tempted to do it with mine.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag

Nice glad to see someone else who got the + you will love it. Vargas turbos have been around for a min now just on European cars so they have been proven reliable and stout. Good luck with it. As soon as i save enough for a new motor (3/4 the way now) i will be doing my draggy runs flat out to see what this thing can really do. Because as of now i have watched to many videos of people bashing these motors for blowing up. I know there is a risk when pushing this hard so i will be ready. Then i will get the fuel system done and hook back up my flex sensor and re draggy Down the hole we go

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Absolutely ❤ my GC+ w/ the Phearable tune! Rock solid performance.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
fs, trying to figure out my best option for turbos, still heavily leaning on the gc+ but now i guess i’ll look at the rv6
I have the rv6 turbo and top end is nice on it because all the power kick in passing 4k rpm feels like vtec lol. I like that turbo to because it's lazy and it's easier on the stock block and head studs. The rv6 turbo top end is similar to the gc turbo the rv6 bb turbo spool and top end is super close to the gc+. If I had a choice to chose between any of the turbos are out now at the moment I would of gotten the gc+ because that turbo is really good for the price. But that's up to you because the earlier spool turbos are more aggressive on that bottom end and head studs

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
buddies car not mine. he has a fbo with flexfuel and the vargas gc+. its mated to the rv6 dp/fp to a prl turndown. the greddy sp is just hanging there not hooked up at all.

Redwing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
"Absolutely ❤ my GC+ w/ the Phearable tune! Rock solid performance."
Does the Phearable tune that comes with a GC/GC+ increase redline at all? I know its relatively common on tunes with big turbos like rv6 and w2.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the Phearable tune that comes with a GC/GC+ increase redline at all? I know its relatively common on tunes with big turbos like rv6 and w2.
AFAIK, the tune only comes with the GC+. It does not increase the redline.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag

Hey great news good luck with it you will love this turbo. My car as it sits on 93 with a gal of e85 she is maxing out at 331hp/302tq and after pherables revision all my monitors are green for inspection (prl hvdp no cel disables nessasary) and the car runs better than ever. So much more enjoyable. Having confidence pulling up next to most v8s out there and leave them scratching their heads like wtf corvette challengers mustangs all have tried with no success. I let them take the line if they can and just reel them back in with the quickness lol

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I have the rv6 turbo and top end is nice on it because all the power kick in passing 4k rpm feels like vtec lol. I like that turbo to because it's lazy and it's easier on the stock block and head studs. The rv6 turbo top end is similar to the gc turbo the rv6 bb turbo spool and top end is super close to the gc+. If I had a choice to chose between any of the turbos are out now at the moment I would of gotten the gc+ because that turbo is really good for the price. But that's up to you because the earlier spool turbos are more aggressive on that bottom end and head studs
she starts pulling at like 2800-3000 but when it hits 3500 you in the boosttttttttttt

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The GC top end is better than the rv6 r365, I could tell and immediate difference.
Sponsored