Drop In Subwoofer For Coupe Rear Deck (Semi-Custom Bracket)

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So glad I found this thread. I was looking at adding an under-seat sub but would rather do this mod.

Is this the 10" sub?

What options did you choose when ordering the bracket (year/model in drop-down menu)?
It's a Kicker 8

I used this kit. I think I picked 2018 tlx, but it doesn't look like they're very different

https://mobilemaxcaraudio.com/produ...r-adapter-spacer-bracket-w-speaker-connector/

I imagine it will as long as the coupe has the same subwoofer as the sedan

I'm pretty happy with it
Sponsored

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's a Kicker 8

I'm pretty happy with it
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm trying to decide if I want to do the CompC or the CompR. Will prob get and amp for either one I go woth. By chance do you know the wattage of the sub output? CompC says RMS should be about 100w-200w.

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm trying to decide if I want to do the CompC or the CompR. Will prob get and amp for either one I go woth. By chance do you know the wattage of the sub output? CompC says RMS should be about 100w-200w.
Sub output is roughly 45w rms

Remember, this is a free air application, so it won't need as much power as it would in a sealed box

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Sub output is roughly 45w rms

Remember, this is a free air application, so it won't need as much power as it would in a sealed box
Good point. Thank you much sir!

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, FC1, Accord CU1
Country flag
Someone opened the Honda amp and found out that there are three TDA7569BLV chips inside.
Specs are 28 watt @ 4 ohms rms with max. 45 watt (the standard speaker) and 50 watt @ 2 ohms rms with max. 70 watt. So you are looking for around 50-75 watt maximum output power.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Someone opened the Honda amp and found out that there are three TDA7569BLV chips inside.
Specs are 28 watt @ 4 ohms rms with max. 45 watt (the standard speaker) and 50 watt @ 2 ohms rms with max. 70 watt. So you are looking for around 50-75 watt maximum output power.
Thank you bruv 🤙

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just ordered the CompC speaker and the bracket from the website @86salmon provided. Cant wait to get a little more oomph. May add an amp to it later.

Thanks for all the input and info from everyone in this thread 🙏 😁 🤙

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

TheLastCoupe

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Is there anyone that would be able to slice the stl file in half. I don't know how to use my little sisters 3d printer. And she doesn't know how to slice things. She only knows how to pull it up and print. Since the bracket is too big to print is there someone out there that can help me out and make a split version of it?
Sponsored