zmoh

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Good day. I need help to wire my drl the right way. I bought a drl kit, on the drl controller it has 3 wires (red, black, and white). I know the black wire goes into a ground source, red wire into the power source and the white wire into the parking light. My question is, should I directly wired the red wire into the battery (+)? I been searching YouTube and found out that I can wired in the red wire into the engine fuse box (ACC 12v)? If so, how can I identify the ACC 12v from the fuse box?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Good day. I need help to wire my drl the right way. I bought a drl kit, on the drl controller it has 3 wires (red, black, and white). I know the black wire goes into a ground source, red wire into the power source and the white wire into the parking light. My question is, should I directly wired the red wire into the battery (+)? I been searching YouTube and found out that I can wired in the red wire into the engine fuse box (ACC 12v)? If so, how can I identify the ACC 12v from the fuse box?
If you directly run the wire to the battery it’ll be on no matter what. If you add it to the battery add the fuse in between the battery and the kit you have

OP
OP

zmoh

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
If you directly run the wire to the battery it’ll be on no matter what. If you add it to the battery add the fuse in between the battery and the kit you have
I don't really get that..lol... Most YouTubers advised to use a fuse tap but the problem is I don't know where I put it in or should I say I don't know where the acc 12v from the fuse box.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I don't really get that..lol... Most YouTubers advised to use a fuse tap but the problem is I don't know where I put it in or should I say I don't know where the acc 12v from the fuse box.
There should be like a label that lists everything, if I recall correctly it'll be the #1 position on the bottom-left corner.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It doesn’t matter where you get power from wether it’s straight from the battery or from a fuse it’s all 12v power but if you hook it to the battery you are going to need a relay and fuse or else itll be on even when the car is off. From the fuse box is the easier option since alll you need is a piggy back fuse. It can use any fuse spot really, it’s just a matter of when is that fuse spot going to be receiving the power (always on or if you turn it on/off with a switch). I’d personally go off a headlight fuse so if the headlights are off then your drl is off

OP
OP

zmoh

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Can I just t tap wired it directly into the headlight power source? I'm referring to the wire of the headlight bulb socket.

OP
OP

zmoh

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
For sure it works? Because I've been wondering why do they want to add a fuse tap from the fuse box if you can also get a power from the headlight positive wire or anywhere with 12v power that turns on / off when the engine is on / off.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For sure it works? Because I've been wondering why do they want to add a fuse tap from the fuse box if you can also get a power from the headlight positive wire or anywhere with 12v power that turns on / off when the engine is on / off.
It’s the cleaner more professional way of doing it. The light are LEDs?

OP
OP

zmoh

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
It’s the cleaner more professional way of doing it. The light are LEDs?
Yes, it's LED. I'm gonna try test wiring it directly to the headlight positive wire.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
You should just be able to use an Add A Fuse and tap into any accessory-on fuse socket and connect the red (power) wire to the Add A Fuse pigtail.

OP
OP

zmoh

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
You should just be able to use an Add A Fuse and tap into any accessory-on fuse socket and connect the red (power) wire to the Add A Fuse pigtail.
Do you mean by adding a fuse tap?