DRL Stopped Working after LED Headlight Install

mtmanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I had just recently installed the Cougar Motor LED Headlight Bulbs into my 2016 Honda Civic. I had a suspicion that it would somehow mess with my Daytime Running Lights (DRL), and it did. Now when I try to set my lights to Auto, the DRL lights won’t turn on unless I actually set it to On. Does anyone have any idea why this happens? I like having the DRL lights on during the day for safety reasons and just for the overall look of the car. What’s the point of having em if you don’t use em?
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Those shouldnt have affected the DRLs.
I know this may sound simple but did you make sure to take the E brake off first? The DRL turn on after you release the parking brake. You can re-engage right after to hop out and check the lights.

If that wasn't the case, check that all the connectors are fully seated. Its possible you could've jiggled them loose.

You can also try replacing the DRL fuse. The one under the dash should be number 22. I believe theres also one in the engine compartment fuse box.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is the most craziest thing, cause aren't they two differ things? Just a simple swap of the stock bulb which doesn't involve the drl system at all. But like DarkKnight said, can check the fuse. Something ain't checking right chief.

OP
OP

mtmanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Those shouldnt have affected the DRLs.
I know this may sound simple but did you make sure to take the E brake off first? The DRL turn on after you release the parking brake. You can re-engage right after to hop out and check the lights.

If that wasn't the case, check that all the connectors are fully seated. Its possible you could've jiggled them loose.

You can also try replacing the DRL fuse. The one under the dash should be number 22. I believe theres also one in the engine compartment fuse box.
They started working today. I just know that when I installed them yesterday the DRL wouldn’t turn on when I had the lights set to auto. Maybe a mistake by me ??‍♂

mrdeath4

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic exl 2018 sedan
Country flag
I have the same issue. nothing happened, and the DRL just stopped working on AUTO position. Even the remote stark blinks 3 times after starting? Anybody fixed it?
Sponsored